1st gear too low?

pwcracer

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2000
Hastings, MN, USA
Since adding my super charger, my first gear has almost become useless. It will hit redline in 2 seconds, once I shift into 2nd it seems like I have the right gearing.

It's almost like the t-5 should have a higher first gear, if I change rear gears again, then second may be too steep.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't really know if you're looking for advice or what, since there was no real question........ but, 1st gear is a pretty steep 3.35:1, so it's up there. If you wanted and had the money, you could get a TKO with a 2.87 1st gear, or a T56 :hail2: with a 2.97 1st gear ratio. The T56's also come with .62 and .50:1 6th gear ratios!! :drool:

I had the gears put in before i ever thought of getting the Kenne Bell.
I haven't been to a track yet but I REALLY want to. The only track around here, is like an hour into Wisconsin, and I think I have to do a lot of stuff to my car before they will let me race. (Move battery, add shutoff, maybe even a rollbar, I don't know)

I at least want to hit a dyno or something.

I've noticed the same thing with my car. Im going with TKO and possibly 3.55 or 3.27 gears.

I let my dad drive my car one time and he took off in 3rd and didn't realize it until I mentioned we were doing 60mph and he hadn't shifted yet.