2 Problems with my car...

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
1. Whenever i drive around and the RPMS get to 2100, my exhaust buzzes. and once i get to above like 2200 it stops, but continues to buzz (annoyingly loud) everytime i go to 2100. What is the deal with this? :shrug: Anyone know what the problem is with the exhaust? I heard that the stock exhaust does this? Is this true?

2. I was driving home from the beach today and i think my transmission started to go. The car was shaking and "wooshing" pretty loud when i would get to about 75mph or 3400 rpm. The faster i go, the faster the wooshing noise goes, and vice versa. At first i thought it was just the driveshaft perhaps, but after a while my Overdrive was acting wierd. When i had OD on, it was really off, and when i turned it off, it kicked on. After a while this problem went away, so i pulled over, to find that my engine was making a noise like cold water drops hitting the engine and then sizzling and burning. So i looked under the car and found that i was leaking fluid from my transmission. :( I obviously thought that this can not be good. And when i got home and parked my car, after about 5 minutes a pool of fluid collected under the middle of my car. Do any of you guys know what the hell the problem is? Will some more transmission fluid fix this? or is my trans done? The trans has about 65k on it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah im taking it to my ford mechanic ASAP. Its parked until i see him. :nonono: i'm pissed. Thanks though guys!

Ya know, my car bottoms out sometimes and it hits my cats when it does, maybe the heat shields ARE loose :shrug: I'll look into.....something...

I bet your exhaust is hitting your control arm, check around the exhaust and make sure its not touching everything. Also try to wiggle it and see if it moves at all. I cant help you out with the tranny though. What kind of exhaust do you have?

Make sure your tanny fluid is topped up, I cant explain the exhaust sound, but I know that automagic trannys dont work properly without the right level of fluid.

My exhaust buzzes too!

I just recently started having this problem. I had a MAC catback put on. Everything has been great for a while, but now, it has the exact symptoms you are describing with your car. It will buzz at the drone level (around 2100 RPM's) and if I drive the car for about 30 minutes, it will finally stop buzzing, or at least the buzzing will get a lot quiter.

I'm going to check around under there and see if anything is touching something it shouldn't be. That's about all I know how to do. :shrug: Hopefully I'll know what to look for.

Don't know about your trans problem though. I hope it gets fixed for you!

Let me know if you find out anything about your exhaust too! If I find out what's making mine buzz, I'll be sure and post it here. :nice:

Edit: I realize this is an old post... so what did you find out about your car?