2 SES codes I can't get rid of, and now 1 new one, please help!

Blakers01GT

Master of the Clubhead
Founding Member
Sep 21, 2001
Brown Deer, WI
ok, the 2 codes I have had all winter and some of last summer after my motor rebuild are P0133 - O2 sensor CKT slow response(bank 1 sensor 1) the other one is P0153 - O2 sensor CKT slow response (bank 2 sensor 1)

a new one I just got is P0455 - EVAP emission system leak(large) ??

I am getting frusterated and I honestly believe at this point that there is nobody out there who can make these effing codes go away, and I think I'm consuming some oil as well, can someone help me out or know some ways to attack these few codes I have?

• Sponsors (?)

The codes are being caused by your long-tube headers. That's a fact. Your chip should be able to address these issues. Call Randy Stinchcomb at Universal Ford in Baltimore, and tell him you are getting slow front O2 sensor response codes, and if I'm not mistaken, he has a front o2 sensor that may be able to overcome your issues.

It's your long-tubes, and also the oil consumption is proabably the LT's also.

Blakers01GT said:
ok, the 2 codes I have had all winter and some of last summer after my motor rebuild are P0133 - O2 sensor CKT slow response(bank 1 sensor 1) the other one is P0153 - O2 sensor CKT slow response (bank 2 sensor 1)

a new one I just got is P0455 - EVAP emission system leak(large) ??

I am getting frusterated and I honestly believe at this point that there is nobody out there who can make these effing codes go away, and I think I'm consuming some oil as well, can someone help me out or know some ways to attack these few codes I have?

HuskerCobra96 said:
The codes are being caused by your long-tube headers. That's a fact. Your chip should be able to address these issues. Call Randy Stinchcomb at Universal Ford in Baltimore, and tell him you are getting slow front O2 sensor response codes, and if I'm not mistaken, he has a front o2 sensor that may be able to overcome your issues.

thanks alot! I will give him a call. I'll post back when I find something out.

The P0455 is a leak back in your fuel tank vacuum sensing system. You can try reseating or replacing your gas cap. See if your gas cap hisses still when you put gas in it. If that is not it try looking at the sensor back by the tank. I believe it is external to the tank. I don't know where it is exactly but this discussion has come up before.

HuskerCobra96 said:

Thanks alot, I called him and he pretty much said it IS my longtubes and there ARE some options to get them to go away. the problem is the 02 sensors are not close enough to where the manifolds bolt to the motor, which means they are not getting hot enough. but it's not effecting performance OR hurting anything, so that eases my mind a bit. thanks guys.