2000 GT - how much oil, brake bleeding Q, and other tune up items

paradigm

Jul 18, 2007
Guys,
I recently purchased a 2000 Mustang GT 5spd, and had a few questions.

1) How much oil does it need? I am reading conflicting stories about earlier models (99-00) needing 4.7L, and later models (01-04) needing 5.7L - can anyone confirm for the 2000 model?

2) How to bleed the brakes on these things - do is it just a simple bleeder screw that I unbolt whiles someone is pressing the brake? Also do I start with the caliper farthest from the master cylinder and work myway to the closest one?

3) Do these cars use a cabin air filter?

4) How difficult is the fuel filter replacement?

5) Spark plugs - what is the suggested change interval (i.e. after how many miles)?

Sorry about all the questions. Complete newbie here. The car was in storage for about 4 years, and only has ~43k miles (70k KM).

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

1. Mine requires 6 quarts if I change the oil and filter. My recommendation is to add oil until the dipstick reads full.

2. yes

3. no

4. not very. Just need to get under the rear end in front of the gas tank, unbolt the bracket, and use a fuel like disconnect tool to remove it.

5. IIRC the stock plugs are platinum so they have a change interval of 60 or 100K miles (i don't remember). Some will run copper plugs and must change them every 15K miles.