• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

2000 GT: What next?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang5L5
  • Start date Start date Jul 23, 2023
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
Next
First Prev 22 of 23 Next Last

91AOD5.0LX

I have a slight sag in my rear
5 Year Member
Feb 20, 2021
1,085
1,026
133
Lake George NY
Jun 26, 2026
#421
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • #421
DadLife0724 said:
That interior is beautiful.
Click to expand...
Agree!
 
Reactions: DadLife0724
B

Bronco2fan

Member
Apr 10, 2025
22
8
13
Tx.
Jun 26, 2026
#422
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • #422
I like my tan interior in my convertible. Stays pretty cool in the Texas heat, plus my top is tan too, Oxford white car too.

Yours looks to nice to mess with. I've seen some that are just trashed. I'm sure whatever you decide it'll look good.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Jun 26, 2026
#423
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • #423
You guys saw what i started with right? You should know by now that I don't settle for anything but perfection. So if i go this route, it will look just as good.


Another kinda reason I want to do this. My old 2003GT had dark charcoal interior. This is kinda another nostalgia move for me.

Gonna think about it. But if i'm already mulling it over, it pretty much speaks volumes as to what my desire is
 
Reactions: DadLife0724

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,160
4,253
183
Claremore, OK
Jun 26, 2026
#424
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • #424
 

Attachments

  • 1782520216693.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: DadLife0724

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,962
2,943
153
Long Island, NY
Jun 26, 2026
#425
  • Jun 26, 2026
  • #425
Mustang5L5 said:
You guys saw what i started with right? You should know by now that I don't settle for anything but perfection. So if i go this route, it will look just as good.


Another kinda reason I want to do this. My old 2003GT had dark charcoal interior. This is kinda another nostalgia move for me.

Gonna think about it. But if i'm already mulling it over, it pretty much speaks volumes as to what my desire is
Click to expand...
Yep, your mind is already made up! So, that being said, just make sure you document it all here for us to see! I’m itching to tear into mine again, and need some motivation.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Jun 27, 2026
#426
  • Jun 27, 2026
  • #426
I think it's a matter of what pops up on FB marketplace over the next few months. I'm hoping to get most of an interior in a partout. I already have mint front seats
 
Reactions: General karthief

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Jun 27, 2026
#427
  • Jun 27, 2026
  • #427
But onto more important questions

Discovered the front pads in using on my cobra brakes are $10 pads I bought years ago as a mockup. Oops didn’t mean to run those. They lack bite.

So…of these two pads. Which would you run.
 
Reactions: gkomo

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,160
4,253
183
Claremore, OK
Jun 27, 2026
#428
  • Jun 27, 2026
  • #428
I have had great luck with the Z23's on my F150 Super Crews. I don't think they will bite as good as the HPS but my bet is the dust will be a lot lower. If you want them to bite I have some Hawk HP & HP+ for sale in the market place....shameless plug.
 

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,327
405
164
Joplin, Missouri
Jun 29, 2026
#429
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • #429
Man, I see your struggle - something always feels good about a clean charcoal interior. But I do love a clean tan/saddle interior as well. Feels classy to me.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Jul 6, 2026
#430
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • #430
$100 local FB marketplace grab.



Still haven’t committed to this, but I figure it wouldn’t hurt to grab some parts and start restoring them. Clean up, respray, see how nice I can get panels.


But still on the fence. My interior is mint now. Only way I go forward with this is if I can get an equally mint interior together. If I can’t I’ll just sell this stuff off
 
Reactions: squeak93

91AOD5.0LX

I have a slight sag in my rear
5 Year Member
Feb 20, 2021
1,085
1,026
133
Lake George NY
Jul 6, 2026
#431
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • #431
Mustang5L5 said:
$100 local FB marketplace grab.
Click to expand...
Thats an absolute score! Nice find!
 
Reactions: Mustang5L5 and General karthief

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Jul 7, 2026
#432
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • #432
They need a respray at minimum. I think I can work my magic and get them presentable. One door panel may not be up to my standards so I might have to seek out another.

Keeping an eye out for bulk lots on FB. eBay pricing is crazy.

I do have another dash. Did cross my mind to dye it but trying to see if I can score the correct color first.z
 
B

Bronco2fan

Member
Apr 10, 2025
22
8
13
Tx.
Jul 7, 2026
#433
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • #433
What colors are you looking for? I saw a full set on FB Market a few days ago. A SN95 page I'm a member on. Can't remember the color offhand.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Sep 13, 2026
#434
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • #434
Ended up letting go of my plan to swap the interior. Just too many crap panels locally that folks want top dollar for. Literallly cracks and damage and folks want $200 for a pair of door panels. Nah….


Finally got to swapping the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads on. Night and day difference. Long story short the pads that were on my cobra brakes I discovered to be a cheapo pair of $10 pads I bought years ago off Rockauto for mockup duty. Lost track of that fact and slapped them on the GT and man did they have no bite. I had to get into the habit of riding the brake to build heat for a bit before they bit.

Hawk on and bedded and holy the car stops now. Probably going to get the rear pads too.

Convertible styling bar going to be ordered next. Just trying to find the best price on the black one (vs dark charcoal)

I’m 50/50 on if I order a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back for this car. I’d like a little more tone, but I also like how subdued the stock exhaust is. I feel like I can rip on it more without attracting too much attention.
 
Reactions: gkomo

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,147
2,779
224
Vass, NC
Sep 13, 2026
#435
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • #435
Function over form, man. just clean the wheels more often.
 
Reactions: General karthief

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,396
21,602
234
Box behind Walmart
Sep 13, 2026
#436
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • #436
You need this:



It's a game changer for in-car bloomin' onions.
 
Reactions: WhiteCobra95 and DadLife0724

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,327
405
164
Joplin, Missouri
Sep 14, 2026
#437
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • #437
Look into FP Performance for exhaust if you miss/love the old Mac sound!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Sep 24, 2026
#438
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • #438
After hemming and hawing for a year or so, finally got the styling bar. I’ve always liked this look since the 90s on the SN95 convertible.

I ended up buying the 94-98 black color bar. Let’s see if I can get it installed this weekend

 
Reactions: General karthief, gkomo, Potomus Pete and 2 others

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,061
224
Massachusetts
Sep 24, 2026
#439
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • #439
And digging into it

 
Reactions: gkomo, squeak93 and DadLife0724

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,327
405
164
Joplin, Missouri
Sep 25, 2026
#440
  • Sep 25, 2026
  • #440
Glad you decided to stay with Saddle interior.
 
Reactions: DadLife0724 and Mustang5L5
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
Next
First Prev 22 of 23 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

For Sale 2000 GT Convertible 4.6 5 SP Exterior/Interior parts remaining from donor car
  • Tods Hot Rods
  • Sep 17, 2024
  • Suspension Parts
Replies
0
Views
384
Suspension Parts Sep 17, 2024
Tods Hot Rods
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Progress Thread Haven't posted in a looong time... rescuing another 'stang... '89 Vert
  • ChillPhatCat
  • May 20, 2019
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
4K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 1, 2023
joeballz83
J
R
What's the Difference between Walboro Fuel Pumps?
  • rs-turbo
  • Nov 28, 2018
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Nov 28, 2018
rs-turbo
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?