• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

2000 GT: What next?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang5L5
  • Start date Start date Jul 23, 2023
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
First Prev 23 of 23
B

Bronco2fan

Member
Apr 10, 2025
22
8
13
Tx.
Sep 25, 2026
#441
  • Sep 25, 2026
  • #441
Nice. Definitely be detailed in the write up, as I still need to do that for mine.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,336
18,062
224
Massachusetts
Sep 26, 2026
#442
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • #442
Guess I’m getting old and tired in my way, as I didn’t take much in the sense of notes. TBH it was really straight forward the side brackets come with one alignment hole. You simply align to a preexisting hole in the body and mark and drill. It was pretty darn easy. Just have a good assortment of bits and maybe even a step bit which made it easy.

Took longer to pull the interior than to install the bar.





Today I’ll take my time to trim the plastics with the included templates and start reassembling.

For some reason I noticed my top motor has a leak somewhere so that will sidebar me a bit. Also bought some more kilmat, and planned to do the entire area under the rear seat
 
Last edited: Sep 26, 2026
Reactions: General karthief, Bronco2fan and gkomo

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,162
4,253
183
Claremore, OK
Sep 26, 2026
#443
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • #443
Looking good man!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,336
18,062
224
Massachusetts
Sep 26, 2026
#444
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • #444
Done. That actually really wasn’t that bad. Just take it slow and follow the directions, but pretty straightforward in terms of aligning the templates






I did do an oops. Misread that these top holes were supposed to be 1 3/4” hole saw. So had to dremel it wider





That was really my only hiccup. Added another 30 mins of time.

Everything all set. Added some sound deadener under the rear seat area




Done. If it wasn’t a nor’easter outside I’d back it out, put the top boot on and take some pics.




Going with the 94-98 black color over the 99-04 charcoal color was absolutely the right call here.
 
Reactions: gkomo, Potomus Pete and General karthief

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,336
18,062
224
Massachusetts
Sep 26, 2026
#445
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • #445
I do need to do something about this. A little annoying. I figure I can add a switch to turn it off when I drive with top up. If I was motivated to pull the bar and panels off again I’m sure I could make some sort of switch that works off the top pressing a push-button to disconnect the circuit. You’d think they would have marketed something like that no?





Edit: looks like there was a device

https://lib.americanmuscle.com/files/99022.pdf
 
Last edited: Sep 26, 2026

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,162
4,253
183
Claremore, OK
Sep 26, 2026
#446
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • #446
Yeah that would drive me nuts as well. Looks really good with the top down.
 
Reactions: Mustang5L5

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,059
10,681
213
polk county florida
Sep 26, 2026
#447
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • #447
Just don't put a hooker in the back seat and you're good.
 
Reactions: WhiteCobra95, Potomus Pete and 91AOD5.0LX

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,336
18,062
224
Massachusetts
Yesterday at 8:33 AM
#448
  • Yesterday at 8:33 AM
  • #448
Ok...what next?

Nothing performance. I'm keeping this thing stock and reliable. I might do a cat-back exhaust but i'm on the fence right now. I actually like the stock exhaust on this thing.

i'm debating changing the rear wheels to Cosmis 18x10's as the fit is a bit to "sunken" in with the 18x9 +35 offset. I do not want to use a spacer. I'm also debating a new wheel. For some reason i think Chrome 18" Saleens would look nice, and I could fit my ATS brembos up front with those.

Toying the idea around of a new top and headliner. The headliner is a little sunfaded. I'd like a black top. 95% of the time both are down under the convertible boot...so does it really matter?

Or just stop, enjoy it for a few years and then sell it and go S550 or 996 911.
 
Reactions: General karthief, Bronco2fan, gkomo and 1 other person

squeak93

15 Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
2,327
405
164
Joplin, Missouri
Yesterday at 1:49 PM
#449
  • Yesterday at 1:49 PM
  • #449
Wheels always make a car look/feel better! Saleens are ok. - Cosmis are sweet. Whistlers look killer too if you like the mesh look. AODHAN has a few diff styles that SN's pull off nicely. Tons of options.

Catback - look at FP performance for that old school MAC sound. They essentially mimicked the design and it seems their fit and finish is considerably better. (this coming from a huge mac fan). Any catback with a stock midpipe will be pretty docile.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
First Prev 23 of 23
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

For Sale 2000 GT Convertible 4.6 5 SP Exterior/Interior parts remaining from donor car
  • Tods Hot Rods
  • Sep 17, 2024
  • Suspension Parts
Replies
0
Views
384
Suspension Parts Sep 17, 2024
Tods Hot Rods
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Progress Thread Haven't posted in a looong time... rescuing another 'stang... '89 Vert
  • ChillPhatCat
  • May 20, 2019
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
4K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 1, 2023
joeballz83
J
R
What's the Difference between Walboro Fuel Pumps?
  • rs-turbo
  • Nov 28, 2018
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Nov 28, 2018
rs-turbo
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?