2000 GT wiper issue... PLEASE HELP

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
Ok recently I purchased my son a 2000 gt. It was built w there mach 460 sound system but whenwe picked it up, it didn't have the rear amp or speakers nor did it have a radio. Actually the factory plugs are cut. Also the wipers and squirters do not work. I've replaced the multi function switch, checked all the fuses, and tried a replacement motor that I knowto be good. It's his daily driver and I'm lost on fixing this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

If we assume that your check of fuse F2.26 is good and it has key on power in and out, likely the first thing to focus on is the GEM.

There's a ground behind the center console that is shared by a TON of different systems including the RADIO and the GEM. This ground is frequently messed up during a radio install. If this were my car I would confirm that the black wires and the black wires with a white stripe on the GEM are able to carry a current all the way back to battery negative. Use a TEST light that will LOAD the circuit.

If it still does not work try:

Inspecting the behind the dash area around the GEM for evidence of water damage or rodent activity.

Grounding GEM pin #6 (TN/RD) with the key on and tell me if the washers work.

Last edited:
I can help you answer your question. Go to car-part.com or rockauto.com and look up the part in question. In the case of rockauto there's a buyer's that lists the other "applications" the part will fit.

In the case of car-part.com the list of other cars and model years that may supply the part.

A purpose made test light is less than $20. A budget VOM is less than $50.

Check out the following link with information on advanced testing methods and some information on how to make your own DIY test lights.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...perform-charging-system-voltage-drop-test.56/