2000 mustang convertible mach 460 trouble

adolfhitler

Nov 21, 2010
first off, i want to clarify that my name IS A JOKE. that is not what i want this thread to be about. this is not my car, hence this is my first post here. i have a sony HU hooked up to it with a scosche fdk10b. i am getting sound out of all the bass speakers, but only one of the smaller ones; not sure whether to label them as speakers or tweeters. (the driver side one by the window). whats wrong? wrong wiring? wrong harness? help! :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

also, the one tweeter/speaker that is working is crackling at higher volumes, something it didn't do with the stock HU

go to a quality car audio shop and pick up the proper wire harnes from them, if you got this from a walmar or something like that it wont work properly with a factory amplified system. also be sure to talk to an installer there, its been a few years since i did one myself keeping the stock speaker system, there may be an extra wire that either needs to be cut or otherwise spliced in that you wouldint normily connect... hope this helps. i just remember i had the same problem when i did one last when keeping the stock amp, its not getting power properly.