2000 Mustang gt front brakes sticking??

kreacher5.0

Feb 27, 2006
I recently bought a 2000 mustang gt vert,shortly after the front brakes starting sticking. Is there a well known fix for this? They stick even with the car not running so I dont think its the MC. The car only has 78000 miles on it so its realy in great shape other then this problem. Any help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

uhh... try correctly replacing the brake pads; or furthermore; maybe the person you bought the car from replaced the pads because he or she knew they were f@@@ed... in which case... you might have good pads with crap rotors, in which case replace both. If you dont know what your looking at, in my opinion you should start from scratch since its a used car. Buy new rotors, pads, and if you have any question about the calipers or master cylinder replace that too... but chances are, some one replaced the pads with out turning the rotors or replacing them.

uhh... try correctly replacing the brake pads; or furthermore; maybe the person you bought the car from replaced the pads because he or she knew they were f@@@ed... in which case... you might have good pads with crap rotors, in which case replace both. If you dont know what your looking at, in my opinion you should start from scratch since its a used car. Buy new rotors, pads, and if you have any question about the calipers or master cylinder replace that too... but chances are, some one replaced the pads with out turning the rotors or replacing them.

Why would this have anything to do with the brakes sticking?

Reactions: 1 user
uhh... because i bought a car that some one replaced the pads and not the rotors... under hard braking they 'pretty much' created enough friction to completely disintigrate the pads which caused a metal on metal situation that resulted in boiling brake fluid in which toasted my master cylinder... any other questions?

Ok FoxRod, I was speaking from experience about another car I owned with 4 wheel disc brakes....

Whether or not it is front or rear brakes sticking, if both are disc (which it is on the Mustang), it is very likely that some one who was selling the car replaced their ****ed front pads with new ones with out turning the rotors or replacing them. It could very well have created enough heat to toast the seals inside the rotor (which would make them stick) or the master cylinder itself (which would make them stick also). I am not saying that that is what happened for sure............ but it is a possibility. Think about it.