2000 Mustang GT slow acceleration

cwing50

Oct 15, 2020
USA
So first time poster here, sorry if posting this in the wrong place, but I just started having an issue with my 2000 Mustang GT. I have slower than usual acceleration. Put it in 3rd gear at a decent rpm and try to accelerate quickly and it doesn’t want to pick up and go like it normally would. It has 40,000 miles on it and the mods that have been done to it are CAI, Bama Tune, Borla ATAK, and 3.73 gears. I have no clue why it is acting this way. Also to note, I have no check engine light either.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

So first time poster here, sorry if posting this in the wrong place, but I just started having an issue with my 2000 Mustang GT. I have slower than usual acceleration. Put it in 3rd gear at a decent rpm and try to accelerate quickly and it doesn’t want to pick up and go like it normally would. It has 40,000 miles on it and the mods that have been done to it are CAI, Bama Tune, Borla ATAK, and 3.73 gears. I have no clue why it is acting this way. Also to note, I have no check engine light either.
Best to methodically troubleshoot with a Haynes, chilton, or similar car manual dedicated towards our vehicles. Best to work through the problem systematically and not just throw random parts at the problem / waste money. Poor acceleration can be a number of simple fixes like vacuum leaks all the way to more complicated ignition or fuel problems. Always best to test and troubleshoot in an order that makes sense.

Also depends on how it acts under acceleration because if there is hesitation, bucking stuff like that it could easily be fuel but if it’s steady and just slow like what was said could be a simple vacuum leak.

also the tune plays a difference if the file got corrupted or something is ultimately possible however unlikely. Could set it to stock and see if it acts the same if it fixes it mostly then the problem is the tune itself. With those mods the only thing that would be off on a stock flash is your speedo