2000 Spring Feature GT Heads

RWT255

Mar 11, 2011
Hello out there!

Can anybody tell me if Ford did anything beyond the oridnary valve work on this car's heads? I know the heads are aluminun and the stang runs great!
When I bought the car, (at Covert Ford in Austin, TX) 4 yrs ago, the guy thought the hood graphics were after market. I researched and found Ford made a couple thousand of these stangs because they were under water with a 99 Cobra recall for less than rated engine HP.

I am strongly considering having the heads done by Patriot in Alabama to modify them to "Stage II". It's kinda expensive and I'd like to know what I really have 1rst.

I love my Mustang. It's the first one I've ever had. I have dogged the guts out out of alot of cars, Camaros, GTOs, Chevelles (1967) but this is the cat's meow!

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I owned one of the 3,901 Spring Feature GT's built in 2000 brand new. I work for a Ford dealer and we sold eight of them. It was a purely cosmetic package - no changes to the powertrain, so the heads were regular 260hp 2V heads.

The Spring Feature package consisted of the flat black hood stripes, rear bumper letter inserts, hood & side scoops, and unique machined 17" x 8" five spoke wheels (similar to the '99 35th Anniversary GT wheels, but without the black spoke inserts).