SOLD 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra Track Day Car ,$14,8000, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyzx

Dec 10, 2009
California
For photos, please see my ebay at item #221392248483 or contact me at 310/709-5577 [email protected]
015.JPG
006 (2).JPG
002 (2).JPG
014.JPG
007 (2).JPG
015.JPG
006 (2).JPG
002 (2).JPG
014.JPG
007 (2).JPG
004.JPG

Thanks for checking out my ad for this supercharged 2001 Mustang Cobra. With the help of Wild Pony Motorsports and many tens of thousands of dollars, I have carefully developed this Cobra into a safe, fast, and fun track-day car. It can be driven comfortably to work, retaining its A/C, stereo, and back seat, yet it can also be driven at 10/10ths on a weekend track event. On the track, this car is absolutely fantastic. The handling is neutral and forgiving, with minimal understeer and progressive, easily held oversteer. So, you can drive it neat and smooth, or you can drive it like a hooligan. You don’t have to be a very talented driver to operate it at an honest 10/10ths. This Cobra will run 1:34’s at Willow Springs. (For comparisons, see fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs.html ) The car is a rare dark blue with spoiler delete, and it has never been crashed or had any bodywork. The paint and interior have been carefully maintained. I have all the original documentation, including window sticker. Below is a list of many of the mods that were done. I have most of the receipts. I have probably left some things out, but these are most of them: Engine: rebuilt recently with very little street or track use since. The engine was built by Wild Pony Motorsports. Supercharged with Kenny Bell blower running low boost for reliability. Dyno tuned with dyno sheet showing 398 RWP (about 450 at the flywheel). All forged internals. Very powerful and its sounds awesome. Tranny and diff: transmission also recently rebuilt and the diff has new clutches. Short shifter. All performance fluids inside. Suspension: coil-overs and sway bars. SVT wheels with Nitto NT01 DOT track tires. Brakes: Cobra R Brembos up front with Agent 47 brake cooling ducts. Stainless steel lines with racing-grade brake fluid and Hawk pads. Safety: fuel cell, fire suppression system, Autopower roll bar, Cobra racing seat, 5 point harness.

Bad stuff: the stereo works but the CD changer is broken. There are a few minor nicks and scratches here and there that don’t show up in the photos. The cruise control was disabled to allow the installation of a kit that makes heal-and-toe’ing much easier. Just before I posted this ad, I ran over nails and had to have to two front tires (Nitto track tires) patched.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.