2001 Mustang GT Intake Manifold

AlgGirl

May 22, 2021
georgia
Me and my fiance have a 2001 ford mustang GT but we don't know what type of engine it is and there is coolant leaking from the back side near the firewall he has replaced the intake manifold but its still leaking there is a spot on the black of the engine block that looks like a bolt or screw should be there but there is no spot on the intake manifold for it and we can't find a picture of an engine that looks the same

• Sponsors (?)

full

When you are a brand new account, your first couple of posts have to be approved by a site moderator. I clicked the button on your first two posts, so you should be good to go now :nice:

When you are a brand new account, your first couple of posts have to be approved by a site moderator. I clicked the button on your first two posts, so you should be good to go now :nice:
Still not giving me the option to upload the pics

Are you sure it needs a bolt? That's a 4.6 and the manifold gasket should have a sealer bulb on the water ports. I also use a small application of sealer around water jackets. Also, do yourself a favor and put some paper towels in the head intake ports. You'll thank me if/when you drop something and it doesn't go into the engine.

By the looks of the photos, are you sure the leak is in the rear? It looks like the water pump tube "O" ring may be compromised and that may be your leak. Water stain from front to back in the valley.

Reactions: 1 users