2001 Mustang GT - Rough start, rough idle for a few seconds, shuts off and no start after.

Aedwards1781

Jan 5, 2024
Virginia
I have a 2001 Mustang GT that turns over and runs very rough for a few seconds and then turns off. When I turn to start it back it will try but will not turn over. After waiting a little while it does the same start for a second rough and cuts off. When I give it gas it try’s to run really rough for a couple seconds and still cuts off. Is there anything I can try at home before having to bring it in somewhere? Car threw a P0430 code a week prior and a PO442. TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Ed, that’s what I was thinking too. I’ll start with that and cross my fingers that solves it.

Anyone in the Northern Virginia area wanna come by and lend a hand or recommend a shop semi close to Woodbridge area it’d be much appreciated. Pay with cash, beer, and food!

It's not too hard to change out...should take about 2 to 3 hrs tops... o believe there is around 10 small bolts on the fuel assembly hat...just need 2 jackstands, remove the 3 bolts in the gas cap to allow the neck to drop..disconnect the fuel line at the fuel filter... and dis connect a couple wires ...you can just lower the tank from the front side enough to remove the hat bolts and enough to remove the hat...then there are clips on the sides of the plastic part of the fuel assembly and just work the hat out...couple of small screws to get to the pump and just reverse steps to install... there are some youtube videos you can Google the will make it a breeze.. hope this helps..