2001 Mustang GT Transmission Craziness

VegasMustang

Feb 25, 2019
Las Vegas
Good Morning Everyone,

I figured I would make a post about this and see if anyone else has had this happen. I have a Late 2001 Mustang GT and I believe my car has the T45 transmission. The issue is my car is the late 2001 and the vin even says it should have the T3650. I have had the car the hole time so I know it wasn't swapped. I always figured it was a 3650 so the shifter I had was for a 3650 and all the clutches and flywheels I have are for the late 2001. The clutches and flywheels have worked great. The shifter was always a little sloppy which I thought was weird compared to my old mustangs T5. What brought this to my attention was I needed to replace the shifter cup and the one I order for the 3650 was not the same has I had and wouldn't work, so I ordered a T45 cup and it fits perfect. After reading online how to tell what I have I believe it is indeed a T45 due to the drain plug on the side and not on the bottom. me car was made during the transition and has all other upgrades for the late 2001 build as stated before the vin even says T3650. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)