2001 mustang suspension

Hugo Hernandez

Mar 6, 2012
Hey guys I'm new to stangnet. First off I would like to say that the amount of help that you guys post on the forum is quite incredible. I myself am currently facing a problem. Recently I did a little work on the front suspension of my stang, a 2001 GT convertible. The vehicle already had maximum motorsports caster camber plates and Bilstein struts in the front. I had a nasty sound coming out of my passenger side whenever I went over bumps. It sounded like 2 pieces of metal just slamming against each other. I bought a set of tokicos on American Muscle and installed them. I had to pull these little ring like spacers off of the Bilsteins and put the on the tokicos. After changing them out i installed e new struts. The sound that was coming out is still there though is there something I am missing. Or did I attack the wrong problem. I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

• Sponsors (?)

Bilsteins are rebuildable, even if it was bad rebuilding them is cheaper than new shocks. Just so you know.

Besides the struts, is everything else in the front suspension tight? Is there play when you jack the wheel off the ground and try to wiggle it?