2003 Centennial Convertible - Problems

Stang1118

Oct 16, 2009
So I read around and searched a bit, but I don't really have a clear answer. I bought my 2003 Centennial last year with 38K miles, now in under 12 months, I had 10,000 miles with my sweet baby, but now her convertible top is messing up. It started as the top was slow to go up, then one day to put it down, i saw a little smoke, kinda thinking it might've been dust. but then one day putting it up, it wouldn't, i had to get out of the car and manually help it up, now it wont go down or up at all and is spitting what I believe to be hydraulic fluid on the passenger side where the top sits. Any help is appreciated!

On a side not as well, the top needs to be replaced, I went to a top shop and the guy said that the SN95s trap water which causes the top to deteriorate over time, and said my top shrunk about an inch from the sides and an inch from the back ( i think I can kind of see it) so I just want to replace the top with a Cobra top, any suggestions on where to get it from? The glass seal separated so when I drive on the highway it hits the glass and gets annoying. and water gets in to where the top sits. My main thing is the stupid top going down! :badmood:

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the same problem I had on my '95 GT that used to leak behind the rear seats. One of the hydraulic pistons blew a seal and refused to lift the top anymore. I never got around to fixing it before I sold the car. I would just lift the top up and down manually haha

Verts are a pain in the ass, glad I went to a coupe.