2003 GT, SCT Tuner Question

kimrpaige

Oct 26, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to this forum, actually been a member for a while, but I think this is my first post/question. First off I am old school and actually old, LOL, will turn 65 in August so all this tuning stuff is a bit new to me. I currently have a 1999 GT convertible, and a 2003 GT convertible, both rare as they are both yellow with white tops and white leather seats. My 03 is bone stock with 65K miles on it but has a pinion bearing making noise. I am going to rebuild the rear end including the limited slip clutches, bearings and changing the gears to 4.10 to wake it up a bit. I know I have to change the rear axle ratio by using a tuner. I just bought a SCT X4 tuner off Craigslist. Actually I bought one a month or so ago that was listed as unmarried, it was not, anyway the X4 is unmarried and I hooked it up today and it works. I installed a tune, (87 octane) and selected 3.27 axle ratio as that is what it has now. Sorry for the long post. My question is about the transmission parameters that can be changed, I left them alone but wondering if I should change them, if I change them what should they be set at? I can insert speeds for WOT shift points and also pressures. Will these settings make a difference? There is not a shift kit installed or J-Mod modification installed, although I am thinking of installing one or both. Any thoughts on this? The car is mainly used for car cruises here in Daytona. Hopefully someone out there plays with tuners and can point me in the right direction. I will not repair/rebuild the rear end till next spring as I live in Maine in the summer where my 99 will be. Thanks in advance, Kim

• Sponsors (?)

I see that a moderator deleted my multiple posts, and moved it to the proper place. Thanks and I am sorry that I posted multiple times, I was having a connection problem and wasn't sure if it was posting, then saw that it did. I tried to delete them but could not, anyway thanks. I researched the SCT Tuner from the SCT website and now understand the shift points and pressures parameters a lot better now, but still not sure about doing a J-Mod and or shift kit, so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. Thanks again, Kim