2004 cobra noise while shifting?

Mint88

Apr 21, 2009
Hi guys I am looking at a 04 cobra with 5K miles on it. The guy who owns it took me for a ride in it. I noticed this "noise" every time he shifted gears?? Almost like a clunk noise? Is this normal? I have owned 4 fox bodies and none of them made any noise while shifting. Pretty much when the clutch is let out after shifts. Any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys I am looking at a 04 cobra with 5K miles on it. The guy who owns it took me for a ride in it. I noticed this "noise" every time he shifted gears?? Almost like a clunk noise? Is this normal? I have owned 4 fox bodies and none of them made any noise while shifting. Pretty much when the clutch is let out after shifts. Any idea what it could be? Thanks in advance. :flag:
Yes it is normal, Cobras have allot of drive line slop. :notnice:
The tolerences for the drive shaft to diff are loose, the rear gear has some slop andthe diff moves around on its mount allot. You can cut it down a bit with polly bushings for the diff mount and a diff cover brace helps too. Other than that there is not anything else you can do :shrug: