2004 GT what Shifters are available?

Gr0m1t

Apr 27, 2004
MN
I just bought a 04 GT with a 5-speed. I am looking at getting the steeda tri-ax but I don't know what is available for my stang. I can't find any info on the type of transmission and most websites don't even have 2004 as an option for their products. I need to know what steeda shifter can replace my stock 5-speed. Thanks in advance. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Gr0m1t said:
I just bought a 04 GT with a 5-speed. I am looking at getting the steeda tri-ax but I don't know what is available for my stang. I can't find any info on the type of transmission and most websites don't even have 2004 as an option for their products. I need to know what steeda shifter can replace my stock 5-speed. Thanks in advance. :shrug:
The 99-03 ones will work fine. Email me if you want a cheap one.

you have a t-3650...started on years 2001.5+...pretty much everyone makes a shifter for it now...steeda, pro5.0, mac, hurst, upr, b&m...i have a pro5.0...i love it, but it is notchier than a triax and has a shorter handle which some don't like

The Pro 5.0 is racier, more notchy, shorter. Tri-Ax is an excellent shifter, but more like the OEM. Many do like GoldenPony did and put a Tri-Ax handle on a Pro-5.0 shifter. The handle itself is less than $30.