2004 mach1 sputter/missing issue

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
2004 Mach 1. I have noticed when at higher RPM's (but not redline) the car sputters, almost like its hitting the rev limiter and the traction control light comes on on the dash, even with the traction control turned off by the button. I had the car tuned and have an SCT X4, in the tune I had the traction control turned off. Now it still happens every now and then just not as bad if that make sence. I have installed new 02 sensors, new plugs, has factory coils. Car is lightly modded with long tubes, OR H pipe SLP loud mouth cat back, C&L CAI. Any ideas what could cause this?

• Sponsors (?)

2004 Mach 1. I have noticed when at higher RPM's (but not redline) the car sputters, almost like its hitting the rev limiter and the traction control light comes on on the dash, even with the traction control turned off by the button. I had the car tuned and have an SCT X4, in the tune I had the traction control turned off. Now it still happens every now and then just not as bad if that make sence. I have installed new 02 sensors, new plugs, has factory coils. Car is lightly modded with long tubes, OR H pipe SLP loud mouth cat back, C&L CAI. Any ideas what could cause this?

what did your old plugs look like?

did the problem happen before or after the new plugs? CEL on?

I would take it back to your tuner if you can...looks like an issue with the tune for your traction control....only other option would be to check your sensors ...the ones that go on the teeth inside your brakes...they align your power brakes and effect the traction control as well I belive...for the ABS sensors....

I would take it back to your tuner if you can...looks like an issue with the tune for your traction control....only other option would be to check your sensors ...the ones that go on the teeth inside your brakes...they align your power brakes and effect the traction control as well I belive...for the ABS sensors....
Thanks for your input! This did it worse before the tune. It's actually better now. I will check the sensors like you stated