2004 Mustang GT Mach 460 Replacement Questions

cleck673

Feb 6, 2004
Hey guys. Been a while...

So, I decided to upgrade my head unit to an Alpine head unit. I have it installed, it looks great, but it doesn't sound great. I used a harness that worked. I don't have the tweeters bass blocked though.

What I am thinking about doing is ripping all the factory speakers and amps out and starting from scratch. What would I need? I have an RCA cable and an 1100w mono amp pushing my JL Audio subs, but I have the gain turned super low to keep from drowning out the other speakers. :)

I was thinking, even though the Alpine unit is pushing like 35w channel, I would go through new amps with crossover built in. Run all new speaker wire to all speakers and route them to the trunk where this amp would live.

Any suggestions?
Also, what all speaker sizes would I need?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

just do it rip it all out and replace depending if your guna run back speakers or not youll need a 2 channel or 4 channel amp(w/rear speakers) dual amp wiring kit, speaker wire, an rca cable for each set of speakers. speakers go 6.5 components in front with adapter plates you can either buy them or make them dont skimp on the front speakers buy a good set its very dependent on your taste but good brands are, image dynamics, cdt, focal, dls. i wouldnt skimp on the amp either. i run only a front pair of components when your siting in the front you never notice there arent back speakers and it keeps the sound stage in front of you. So if you can afford a good set of rears and 4 channel amp go for a good front set of speakers and a good 2 channel amp this way you get the good sound you want and you dont have to worry about your amp failing in a couple years.