2005 - 2006 Ford Mustang GT Engine & Transmission into 1998 Ford Mustang GT

kstang_cobra

Jun 22, 2007
Hello,

I have a 1998 Ford Mustang GT with automatic transmission and wish to replace my engine and transmission with a 2005-06 Ford Mustang GT engine with automatic transmission. Does anybody know how this can be done or suggest any websites with information for doing this? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to be doing sort of the same thing. I'm going to yank my POS 3.8L and put a 4.6L in. I've done a lot of looking around and the best way I've found to do this is to find what I like to call a "wrecked runner". Find a car that got bashed up but still starts and idles well. If it idles fine then the motor is provably fine. I'd try to get one that got T-Boned or rear ended if I were you, thats what I'm looking for. You can buy a car like that somewhat affordably and it has everything (or almost everything) you need to get the engine into the car and make it run. There are a lot of people that are going to tell you this is going to cost too much and its not worth your time but they will be eating your dust if you get this done right.

One other suguestion. Get the shop manual for BOTH cars.

but they will be eating your dust if you get this done right.

Only the other car is stock. For all the money that would take he could make the 2V way faster than the 3V that would be dropped in. Unless he just wants to do it to do it then it would be way better to slap a KB on there with all the supporting mods and beef up the tranny and have a very fast fun car.