2005o.jpg
2005p.jpg

2005q.jpg
2005r.jpg

2005s.jpg
2005t.jpg

2005u.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

LOL wow, people really get worked up over the II's, don't they?? Well I guess I would too if I owned one. Okay, okay, I give up, I hereby swear I will never rip on a Mustang II again. They are mustangs too, they kept the name alive for 5 years during a gas crunch and --shudder--disco, so they deserve their respect. (For the record, I WAS around then!) Okay? Peace?

Just to prove I can take it as well as dish it out, I'll rip on my OWN car.. stupid weakling V6 POS... it's a 10 second car you know.. that's 10 seconds 0-60, not in the 1/4 mile. Damn thing has been beaten by MINIVANS. :mad: :nonono: But I have beaten some Acuras, so what does that say about them? :D There's a plastic steering wheel, no cruise, cloth seats. The Bazooka bass tube is held in place with bungee cords. It has a 12 year old Sony amp to power it. Lots of distortion. I really wish the engine really WAS a "ticking time bomb" as someone said, then it would blow up and I could get a real one put in. But as an apartment-dwelling college student, my cash has other priorities. (For now.) I really really miss my 5.0.. I know what it's like to burn down the 1/4 mile or win a drag race by a nose at the stoplight, but I don't do that much anymore. When I bought the V-6 in 2000, my choices were get this OR stay on the bus for another year OR get a 4-banger. I chose the best choice I had at the time. Soon as I get some bills paid off, I'll be in my Rio red '97 Cobra ragtop.
Oh and by the way, thanks to the person who posted my pictures so you dont have to F around with the links. I gotta learn how to do that.

Ease up guys... he's trollin im MY HOMETOWN waters. Most of the Northwesterners are pretty straight forward of the Mustang II and accept it. We do have a few loudmouth imported Cali loosers that have moved up here that shoot off their mouth in way like that but for the most part, it's fairly accepted up here. I'm one of only a handfull of II owners in the Portland/Vancouver area and I have yet to see on on the strip. So Hopefully, I'll be able to represent the II crowd and set the record straight for the re-bodied Fairmont crowd. :D That is if I ever quit screwing around with my real estate... :rolleyes:

And to be honest, at first I was a MII hater aswell. That was until, I started maintaining my friends' Mustang II thus forcingme to learn more about them. Then I was hooked and hot on the trail of a Cobra II. The 1st one I bought was a 78 Cobra II V6 4 speed car. Paid $450 for it and drove it home. It was all complete , just had 1 dead cylinder. And engine change and buff job later, it was in great shape. I remeber comming across the I-205 Bridge years back clipping along at 110+ late at night (in was dumb and 18) and man... it rode like it was on a pillow. Had just one finger on a spoke of the steering wheel and she just 'cruised' right on down the freeway, speedo needle pointing a little left beyond straight down on an 80 Mph speedo. I thought, MAN, my '69 Mustang nor my '67 Ranchero handle or ride ANYTHING like this! I had the Offy 4bbl intake on it and it was basically wide open at almost 6000 rpms. My Ranchero would shudder and vibe at 90 mph and the 69 Mustang would vibe like crazy and wander all over the road. I never like going fast for long distances in those cars. But that Cobra II, man, it was soild and if felt like it could go further. :nice:

Now here we have the 2005. Yeah it's kinda cool looking, but damn man, why didn't they just slap a 2005 badge on an old 65 fastback??? Might just as well have. In 1964, there was nothing remotely close to the mustang. it was an original design. Now we have the 2005....looks like a massaged 65-68 fastback! Wheres the originality??? Could Ford NOT come up with another winning design? Are they so sterile now, that they have to rely on what was successful in the past and massage it for the future? Can they not take a chance on another possible success? It's my opinion, but I feel the 65-68 style should be left for the years of it's glory and not used in todays world of plasti-cars that are tossed out like yesterdays trash after their designed 5-6 year lifespan ends. :spot:

RED98 said:
Calm down people.. untwist your panties.. guess I should have seen that one coming. Tell you what, I'd rather drive a Mustang II than a brand new Acura RSX, now is anyone going to freak out about that?? I personally just don't care for the II's very much, no matter how much current owners modify them. More power to you. Oh and ripping on my car is a waste of time; I do it myself in my signature! Think I care? Damn V-6... Still it is faster than most STOCK engines that were found in the Mustang II's, now isn't it?

Yeah but at the end of the day, we still have 2 more cylinders, more potential, and less weight with a v8. Jackass.... :rolleyes: Oh and heres some food for thought, the 00 v6 camaro is probably faster then the 78 v8 camaro too. OMG why could that be? Can we say.... fuel crisis? Moron...

OUCH... Ease up girl lol :D He was cool and apologized! ...and on a side note I love the looks of the 05' I can't wait to see the 05 Saleen! Gotta get me one oh dose! Supposed to be unveiled at the Saleen Show in Sept. and again at SEMA. :banana:

Well SOME people have read all the posts and noticed I backed off from ripping on the Mustang II's.. by the way I am definitely NOT a California transplant!! All I was trying to do was post some good 2005 pics and I cracked a small joke about the Mustang II's, and people go ballistic. I haven't been in this chatroom very long, is it always like this? If someone jokes about slow v-6's, I wouldn't care, I would agree with them! My v-6 engine is a giant, steaming, smelly pile of S**T. At 80,000 miles I hope it blows up every time I start it so I have an excuse to transplant a real engine in there. Well, if some of you want to stay upset, be my guest. I'm moving on.

Mstng2 said:
OUCH... Ease up girl lol :D He was cool and apologized! ...and on a side note I love the looks of the 05' I can't wait to see the 05 Saleen! Gotta get me one oh dose! Supposed to be unveiled at the Saleen Show in Sept. and again at SEMA. :banana:

Opps, I didnt read down all the way. lol