Roush 2005 Roush Mustang Registry

Some cars did not have the forklift holes in the back if they were later 05. Judging by the number, I believe it makes sense that this car would not have the forklift holes. Maybe someone did some aftermarket exhaust? Is it still the square tip exhaust or something different?

I realized later last night after i posted that you had posted that nice image showing what mods are with the different stages. I also found the VIN number and searched by that on Roush's website where it told me that particular car has the sport package - which from your picture has the performance exhaust - and looking at it, it looks identical to the picture in your image on the upper left - just blue, not red. I'm attaching a picture from the dealer's website.

Thanks for posting that image, it's super helpful. I'm going to try and go look at the car this next week.
Is there anyway to find out what the car is actually worth? It only has 7500 miles. They're listing it at $20k. According to Kelly Blue Book, an 05 Mustang GT with an auto trans would be $8-12k, but I don't think that's accounting for the low miles or the Roush package. I'm think $15k might be a good place to start. Would be sweet to have a Mustang again - I've owned three over the years, a turquoise '67 inline-6 coupe, orange '80 inline-6 coupe, and a white pony car (red interior) '89 four-cylinder (a former Hertz rental).

Attachments

• Roush rear end.jpg
    Roush rear end.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Sponsors (?)

I realized later last night after i posted that you had posted that nice image showing what mods are with the different stages. I also found the VIN number and searched by that on Roush's website where it told me that particular car has the sport package - which from your picture has the performance exhaust - and looking at it, it looks identical to the picture in your image on the upper left - just blue, not red. I'm attaching a picture from the dealer's website.

Thanks for posting that image, it's super helpful. I'm going to try and go look at the car this next week.
Is there anyway to find out what the car is actually worth? It only has 7500 miles. They're listing it at $20k. According to Kelly Blue Book, an 05 Mustang GT with an auto trans would be $8-12k, but I don't think that's accounting for the low miles or the Roush package. I'm think $15k might be a good place to start. Would be sweet to have a Mustang again - I've owned three over the years, a turquoise '67 inline-6 coupe, orange '80 inline-6 coupe, and a white pony car (red interior) '89 four-cylinder (a former Hertz rental).

To my knowledge, there isn't really any official pricing on the Roush, Saleen, etc. mustang prices for current markets. Of course a Roush would probably be worth a bit more than a standard GT but it really depends on which stage and the typical mileage/condition. I commonly go onto ebay and facebook marketplace and search for these cars, I would say that a stellar condition sport with only 7,500 miles would be somewhere in the 15-20 thousand dollar range. A price point for you would be I got my 05 with 83k for about 10,000. The car is in overall very good shape so I believe I got a pretty good deal. Best of luck and that sonic blue Roush would be an amazing car to add!

To my knowledge, there isn't really any official pricing on the Roush, Saleen, etc. mustang prices for current markets. Of course a Roush would probably be worth a bit more than a standard GT but it really depends on which stage and the typical mileage/condition. I commonly go onto ebay and facebook marketplace and search for these cars, I would say that a stellar condition sport with only 7,500 miles would be somewhere in the 15-20 thousand dollar range. A price point for you would be I got my 05 with 83k for about 10,000. The car is in overall very good shape so I believe I got a pretty good deal. Best of luck and that sonic blue Roush would be an amazing car to add!
Yeah, it definitely looks sweet.

I am about to buy a 2005 Roush Sport. I did VIN seach via Roush Performance and it appears it is a Roush. I cannot find any emblem or decal on the car to verify. Any help would be appreciated. Would a Roush upgrade show on the Monroney label? How can I be certain this really is a Roush? When I run VIN search via Roush it reads as:
Search Result
VIN: 55237555
Model: Mustang
Stage: Sport
Color: Blue
Stripe Color/Type: None

Hello All,

Well I have still been working on a registry for all the 2005 Roush Mustangs and it is very far along. I figured out that the last production date for forklift holes was May 12, 2005. The "production start date" is different from the "completion date". Sometimes they are weeks apart. The completion date is basically the born on date, and the production start date is the date the order was put together.
Seems they switched over on May 12th as there are some cars with and some without holes even though they shared the same production date.
What is the use of the forklift hole?
According to roush it was used in the wind tunnel development to eliminate pressure from the rear panel. So it is an aero thing.
So how many cars have them and how many don't? Well about 1170 cars have them, out of about 2060. I'm still figuring it out as there are mustangs from 1 to 2248 but roush numbered all cars in order so you have to weed out the F-150s and such. Plus there were two 2005 cars using the 2004 numbering I believe (9991 and 9990) so it's kind of messy. Then there was a car sent to Dale Jarrett Ford which does not have a build (serial) number, so it's not an exact science.
Go to the roush website and type in "VIN search" and you can see your car's info.
I still own my 2005 sonic blue roush (16k miles).

Jack
I am about to buy a 2005 Roush Sport. I did VIN seach via Roush Performance and it appears it is a Roush. I cannot find any emblem or decal on the car to verify. Any help would be appreciated. Would a Roush upgrade show on the Monroney label? How can I be certain this really is a Roush? When I run VIN search via Roush it reads as:
Search Result
VIN:

Hi all, Sorry I've been gone for a while but work happens. So if you have a VIN number I can help you out. I can't cross reference off a roush number. I may have info on your particular car. As for the guy who found the junked roush with forklift holes. Where is it? They dont make or sell the insets anymore so picking those out of the junkyard would be like gold.

For the guy looking to buy the $20k sonic blue automatic with 7500 miles, yea that one is a stone stock sport. Not bad, price is high. People like the low mileage (mine is similar to that one, but has nice mods,...etc) ones and think they are worth a lot. Kind of like the Saleen mustangs. The old adage its only worth what someone will pay for it is really true with the 05-09 roush. I see them for 30k, 25k, 20k but $15k is more realistic for a non supercharged one because it will sit for sale for 6, 10, 15 months before someone will give over 20k for a 2005 mustang no matter how nice it is.

As for the figuring if its a real Roush. Get your VIN and ask me. Look inside the passenger door jamb for a roush decal with a roush serial number in it. Back in 2006/2007 there was a NY shop which made fake roush mustangs. Also over the years people have made them, they are pretty easy to spot a fake roush. Biggest thing is people taking a sport and putting a set of aftermarket wheels on it and calling it a stage 2 or stage 1......wrong!
Just a fair amount of mis-information out there.

Used to be a website which was really good called fnsweet.com They are long gone now but they ha lots of stats and stuff on Roush mustangs.

Go back thru this thread and read my prior posts. I might be the most knowledgeable guy on the internet when it comes to 2005 Roush mustangs. Meh, at least in the top 10 anyway.

Search Result
VIN:
Here is what I got on this one:
born on date is July 5, 2005
P3 windviel blue
automatic transmission (pretty rare in a roush)
production date is 7/1/2005 (anything after May 11 is a non forklift car)
selling dealer - Mullinax Ford in Florida
car has a tan interior

Note- born on date and production date are different. Some cars were given a production date and then sat around for a few months before they were "born". Production date before May 11 means you get forklift holes, regardless of when the car was actually made. (this only happened a few times).

Jack

Im actually in the middle of an engine swap on the roush so I don’t have many good pics of the mustang right now , but I’ve been trying to find my car online but can’t find any information about it but then stumbled upon this thread seems like you guys know a lot so would love some help .
Hello,
Your car is an enigma, like I mentioned earlier in a post, I am almost 100% sure there are no fork lift convertibles, but yet, there you have one! Well almost. First, your car is a true Roush sport. and your serial number puts you right in the "zone" or time period when Roush quit offering the forlift holes. Your production date was 5/10/05 and the born on date is 6/9/05.. So on paper it looks reasonable.
Now, the earlier and by that I mean December 04 - April 05 built cars had some strange variances as later Roush ordered the cars in blocks and the cars were all the same. For instance you don't see a roush with anything but a shaker 500, and no roush had the Interior Upgrade Package for the color change dash lighting. Some of these strange early cars had tan interior, or no chin spoiler, or no roush white faced gages. As such there are a few earlier cars which are a little different. Yours is not the case.
Your car has a couple of things which I have not seen on a production roush.
1. the red interior. No 2005 roush came with red interior.
2. The aftermarket stripes. Roush stripes in 2005 were skinnier and did not come in red.

So what happened to your car? Well I think this roush someone started customizing it and put in a red interior. Happens a lot to a mustang, heck I put a blue roush leather interior in mine as it came with grey cloth seats. So how did your car get the roush inserts in it, if it was not made that way? Easy, Roush used to sell them for $130 as an add on Roush Part #401439. Since your Roush was customized and is not a stone stock car, it's easy to guess someone stuck the inserts on it later. Roush quit selling the "rear facia inserts" around 2010 or so.
Just my guess without seeing your car in person.

Reactions: 1 user
Some cars did not have the forklift holes in the back if they were later 05. Judging by the number, I believe it makes sense that this car would not have the forklift holes. Maybe someone did some aftermarket exhaust? Is it still the square tip exhaust or something different?
In my earlier post I said 5/11/05 was the last day for forklift holes, actually I got out my spreadsheet and looked it was 05/12/05 - last day for forklift holes.

So in Roush World the production date is what determines what your car has on it. In this case your not getting Roush forklift holes if your production date is 05/13/05 or after.

Let's look at my car for instance:
05-1662 production date: 06/22/05 and my "born on", or manufactured date is 06/23/05. so I have no fork lift holes
But there are some weird ones (pretty rare)
05-1159 production date: 05/10/05 and "born on", or manufactured date is 06/15/05. so it has fork lift holes
05-1111 production date: 05/06/05 and "born on", or manufactured date is 06/22/05. so it has fork lift holes
05-1041 production date: 05/02/05 and "born on", or manufactured date is 08/16/05. so it has fork lift holes
05-1124 production date: 05/10/05 and "born on", or manufactured date is 08/16/05. so it has fork lift holes

there were 12 cars made on August 16th which had forklift holes, something weird happened that day, as they ran a big batch thru that had been sitting around for months. Several were sonic blue but there were other colors as well.

Here is what I got on this one:
born on date is July 5, 2005
P3 windviel blue
automatic transmission (pretty rare in a roush)
production date is 7/1/2005 (anything after May 11 is a non forklift car)
selling dealer - Mullinax Ford in Florida
car has a tan interior

Note- born on date and production date are different. Some cars were given a production date and then sat around for a few months before they were "born". Production date before May 11 means you get forklift holes, regardless of when the car was actually made. (this only happened a few times).

Jack
Thanks. You are a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate the information. I did purchase the car and it is a Roush Sport convertible. I was skeptical bc it was an automatic and that was uncommon back in those years. Though the car had the Roush "sticker" inside the door jamb I was thinking like anyone can produce a fake one. I happen to contact Roush Performance directly and gave them the VIN # and they confirmed it was a legit Roush. They also ended up emailing me the PDF of the original build sheet. What was cool was even though mine is a Roush Sport, the build sheet they provided confirmed they installed the Roush carbon interior, leather Roush seats, Roush chin spoiler, Roush white face guage cluster etc... Car has over $9k in Roush upgrades.

For the guy looking to buy the $20k sonic blue automatic with 7500 miles, yea that one is a stone stock sport. Not bad, price is high. People like the low mileage (mine is similar to that one, but has nice mods,...etc) ones and think they are worth a lot. Kind of like the Saleen mustangs. The old adage its only worth what someone will pay for it is really true with the 05-09 roush. I see them for 30k, 25k, 20k but $15k is more realistic for a non supercharged one because it will sit for sale for 6, 10, 15 months before someone will give over 20k for a 2005 mustang no matter how nice it is.
I thought $20k seemed high, based on what I could find. Thanks!

Thanks. You are a wealth of knowledge. I appreciate the information. I did purchase the car and it is a Roush Sport convertible. I was skeptical bc it was an automatic and that was uncommon back in those years. Though the car had the Roush "sticker" inside the door jamb I was thinking like anyone can produce a fake one. I happen to contact Roush Performance directly and gave them the VIN # and they confirmed it was a legit Roush. They also ended up emailing me the PDF of the original build sheet. What was cool was even though mine is a Roush Sport, the build sheet they provided confirmed they installed the Roush carbon interior, leather Roush seats, Roush chin spoiler, Roush white face guage cluster etc... Car has over $9k in Roush upgrades.

According to back fnsweet.com, which is a now defunct website, they had the colors broken down, which I found them to be pretty accurate, but from my research they were sometimes a bit off. Regardless I can only go off their numbers as I have yet to figure out all the windviel blue roushes. I know the total blue ones but how many are sonic blue vs how many are windviel blue, I have not been able to verify. Fnsweet says there were 83 windviel roushes, of which 55 were sports. I have verified about 51 windveil blue ones (total). I am showing 4 of these as automatics which yours is one of those four.

I did go and test drive it, and it was pretty sweet. I also got some additional information from the salesman. It's been sitting on their lot for over 2 years - last time it was inspected was 2017. PA requires annual inspection. Car check says it's only had one owner, and I can see that they also skipped inspections in 2011 and 2013. I suspect the dealer is the original owner. I also suspect the tires might be the original stock Pirelli's. The price is almost set to be too high - you can't loan that amount for a used car that old, even assuming a bank is willing to give you loan for a car that old (most aren't). Only options loan-wise are a personal loan (rates are high) or a home equity loan (no thanks). So it'd have to be a cash purchase.

I'm debating. I think 20k is too high, especially given the issue of the car largely sitting for most of its life and having gone several years without inspections. Gonna see if they'll go for 15k cash. The alternative is to put that cash toward a new car purchase and skip the 15 y.o. car issues that might crop up.

I did go and test drive it, and it was pretty sweet. I also got some additional information from the salesman. It's been sitting on their lot for over 2 years - last time it was inspected was 2017. PA requires annual inspection. Car check says it's only had one owner, and I can see that they also skipped inspections in 2011 and 2013. I suspect the dealer is the original owner. I also suspect the tires might be the original stock Pirelli's. The price is almost set to be too high - you can't loan that amount for a used car that old, even assuming a bank is willing to give you loan for a car that old (most aren't). Only options loan-wise are a personal loan (rates are high) or a home equity loan (no thanks). So it'd have to be a cash purchase.

I'm debating. I think 20k is too high, especially given the issue of the car largely sitting for most of its life and having gone several years without inspections. Gonna see if they'll go for 15k cash. The alternative is to put that cash toward a new car purchase and skip the 15 y.o. car issues that might crop up.
I can tell you all about the sonic blue 2005 roush sport, as you can see from my picture I’ve had one since 2006. Mine has 16k miles so like the one your looking at it is super similar. Is a super low mile roush sport worth 15k? I would say maybe. Mine still has the original tires on it. I can tell you you’ll want new tires, you’ll also want to get rid of the 2 piece spark plugs. Also, rarely has mine done it but there has been a few instances of the gages wigging out and doing strange readings ( in some 05s) this can be a big problem, mine it only happened twice.
Overall a great car, looks great, but since it is fairly stripped down, but new, I would go low to mid teens. Having sat on a lot tells me they are not in a hurry to sell, if you want it make a serious offer. 14 or 15 would be serious. Let me know if I can help.good luck!

Attachments

• 33B2E364-7A7D-4F25-AA0C-9C8D02BFD665.jpeg
    33B2E364-7A7D-4F25-AA0C-9C8D02BFD665.jpeg
    527.7 KB · Views: 103
I can tell you all about the sonic blue 2005 roush sport, as you can see from my picture I’ve had one since 2006. Mine has 16k miles so like the one your looking at it is super similar. Is a super low mile roush sport worth 15k? I would say maybe. Mine still has the original tires on it. I can tell you you’ll want new tires, you’ll also want to get rid of the 2 piece spark plugs. Also, rarely has mine done it but there has been a few instances of the gages wigging out and doing strange readings ( in some 05s) this can be a big problem, mine it only happened twice.
Overall a great car, looks great, but since it is fairly stripped down, but new, I would go low to mid teens. Having sat on a lot tells me they are not in a hurry to sell, if you want it make a serious offer. 14 or 15 would be serious. Let me know if I can help.good luck!

That's a beautiful car. Love it. Thanks for the support. I'm waiting for some things to fall into place, then I'll make them the offer and see what happens.

Hi all,
Some fun facts on the 2005 Roush Mustang.
1. No stage 3 for 2005: Roush could not get the certification for EPA compliance for the Roush Charger on the 2005 and the Stage 3 option did not appear until mid-2006. You might see advertising and articles about it, but in reality it did not happen until 2006.
2. Several special production vehicles were made, these were test cars, promo cars, and executive cars. I can help you identify these.
3. The Racer X reality show had several Stage 2 cars which were sold to the public. Google Roush driver x or racer x for info on the Roush reality show in 2005.
4. Only a handful of Stage 2 cars were made in 2005
5. Forklift holes were for aero purposes, unclear as to why they were discontinued mid-year.

Curious what additional you can tell me on this Sonic Blue one. VIN is 1ZVFT82HX55251957, Roush ID is 05-2179. According to Roush's website it's a Sport package.
I don't have much info on this car, except it was manufactured (born on) date of 8/9/05 and originally came with cloth interior. No fork lift holes of course, this was one of the last 250 cars made for 2005. Sonic blue sport and automatic. this was in a lot of cars with consecutive VIN numbers running from 1954 to 1998 so about 45 cars. Cars in this bunch were red, white, and blue with 3 of them being the super rare lime green.All of these cars in this bunch ended up being sports, except for 1 and that was a stage 2 - 1ZVFT82H?55251963 a redfire code G2 production date 8/25 and born on date of 9/7. This was a rpp car. Which means it was a roush performance vehicle driven by and exec or roush staff, used for testing or advertising or whatever, it has a pedigree. roush #2364.

I don't have much info on this car, except it was manufactured (born on) date of 8/9/05 and originally came with cloth interior. No fork lift holes of course, this was one of the last 250 cars made for 2005. Sonic blue sport and automatic. this was in a lot of cars with consecutive VIN numbers running from 1954 to 1998 so about 45 cars. Cars in this bunch were red, white, and blue with 3 of them being the super rare lime green.All of these cars in this bunch ended up being sports, except for 1 and that was a stage 2 - 1ZVFT82H?55251963 a redfire code G2 production date 8/25 and born on date of 9/7. This was a rpp car. Which means it was a roush performance vehicle driven by and exec or roush staff, used for testing or advertising or whatever, it has a pedigree. roush #2364.

That's actually a decent amount of information, as much as I could hope to find out. It's a fairly rare vehicle, maybe not as rare as the lime green or the stage 2 you mention but still, not a high number of blue 05 Roush Mustangs out there. If there were 45 total in that group of VIN numbers, that means maybe 15 were blue.

That's actually a decent amount of information, as much as I could hope to find out. It's a fairly rare vehicle, maybe not as rare as the lime green or the stage 2 you mention but still, not a high number of blue 05 Roush Mustangs out there. If there were 45 total in that group of VIN numbers, that means maybe 15 were blue.
Let me clarify. Roush did batches of cars from Ford. These batches could be anywhere from 1 to 100+ cars at a time with sequential VIN numbers. So they got batches of cars in all the time throughout the year. Yours was in a batch of 45. Your batch had 17 blue cars (I can only verify that 3 for sure were sonic blue, but I suspect most of the 17 were). All told there are supposed to be for 2005 a total of 330 blue roush mustangs of which 247 were sonic and 83 were windviel blue. I have not verified this overall split and I actually believe it may be 331 total blue mustangs.

Just to give you an idea, starting with the earliest cars first:
batch 1 - ~50 mustangs (december 2004) 115450 - 115499
batch 2 - ~40 mustangs (december 2004) 119207 - 119246
batch 3 - ~30 mustangs (december 2004) 123500 - 123529
batch 4 - ~30 mustangs (january 2005) 127743 - 127772
batch 5 - ~40 mustangs (january 2005) 132913 - 132952
batch 6 - ~40 mustangs (january 2005) 141191 - 141230
batch 7 - ~20 mustangs (january 2005) 142552 - 142571
batch 8 - ~1 mustang (march 2005) 146700
batch 9 - ~100 mustangs (february 2005) 148056 - 148157

batches keep going til you get to about 2050 or so.

So batches vary you get the idea. I can tell by your VIN if you have a real roush or not. Another way is if it lacks the white faced gages that is a big tell tale sign it is not a real roush. Although some of the earlier VIN numbered cars lack the white faced gages so it is possible to have the stock black gages (I'm guessing maybe a 50 total cars came without white gages) and of that I would say 90% of those would be the earlier cars (hence they would have forklift holes) so if you run across one without forklift holes and black gages I would almost bet it is not a real roush. Just got to do the research, because with these cars there are exceptions.