Roush 2005 Roush Mustang Registry

• Sponsors (?)

Just bought a 2005 Roush stage 1 in Redfire metallic from the original owner. Roush serial number 05-131 vin 1ZFT82H155141217
148K on the odometer with a dealer installed long block at 112K She's a keeper! Has the forklift bumper inserts. Also the Roush red and black leather.

Attachments

• Stang.jpeg
    Stang.jpeg
    811.7 KB · Views: 34
Does anyone know the width of the stock 18 inch stage 1 wheels? It has 245/45/18 tires on it. Not a fan of the wheels edges being wider than the actual tire. I would hate to have the wife curb them! Not sure if wider tires would achieve what I am looking for in that respect as it seems that outside lip is designed to be wider than the tires. Also going to have to figure out how to get the car in my driveway. We have roll curbs and the front bumper is about an inch too low even when approaching at an angle to clear it. I am going to try and back it in today.

Just bought a 2005 Roush stage 1 in Redfire metallic from the original owner. Roush serial number 05-131 vin 1ZFT82H155141217
148K on the odometer with a dealer installed long block at 112K She's a keeper! Has the forklift bumper inserts. Also the Roush red and black leather.
Great find, and beautiful car. Your build date was 2/8/05. Obviously an early car. Ford sent mustangs over in groups of consecutive VIN numbers to Roush. These varied from as few as 1 to 50 cars at a time, usually it was around 10 - 20. In your case 1ZVFT82H955141191 to
1ZVFT82H155141230 these were all Roush cars. Your car is 1 of 24 2005 Redfire Stage 1 Mustangs. Enjoy!

If you feel your car is too low you might want to check your springs. When I bought my car it had Eibach springs on it and I replaced them with Roush springs, these were 1" Roush springs and it raised my car up a bit.
Going from a 1 1/4" spring to a 1" spring will not raise your car front bumper 1/4" but it will raise your suspension, and will in turn probably raise your front end an inch or so.
There was a big difference for me, the particular eibach springs which I originally had were too low for daily driving, the Roush springs are much better.

Great find, and beautiful car. Your build date was 2/8/05. Obviously an early car. Ford sent mustangs over in groups of consecutive VIN numbers to Roush. These varied from as few as 1 to 50 cars at a time, usually it was around 10 - 20. In your case 1ZVFT82H955141191 to
1ZVFT82H155141230 these were all Roush cars. Your car is 1 of 24 2005 Redfire Stage 1 Mustangs. Enjoy!
Thank you! Is there a better place to discuss some things about the car? I don't want to clutter up your registry thread if it's not cool.

Hi Jack1.2,

I am new here and recently purchased a 2005 Roush Mustang Sport and was wondering if you could tell me more about it? I have confirmed with Roushperformance.com that it is indeed a real roush. And it has the fork lift holes on the rear bumper. Thanks :)

VIN: 55170322
Model: Mustang
Stage: Sport
Color: Blue

I'm your guy for info, I'll check tonight when I get home from work. Please go thru the roush registry thread for some of my earlier comments. These cars are rare, and parts now are not being made. If your into modifying your car I can suggest things that worked and things that didn't. I sold my roush after 16 years last August. So I'm pretty familar with them even though I dont own one now. Heres a photo of the old girl.

Attachments

• 753E4CBF-C473-4B79-8856-E27459A04C23.jpeg
    753E4CBF-C473-4B79-8856-E27459A04C23.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 39
I'm your guy for info, I'll check tonight when I get home from work. Please go thru the roush registry thread for some of my earlier comments. These cars are rare, and parts now are not being made. If your into modifying your car I can suggest things that worked and things that didn't. I sold my roush after 16 years last August. So I'm pretty familar with them even though I dont own one now. Heres a photo of the old girl.
Why
Would you do
Such a thing

:cry::cry::cry:

Not to get off the rails but I remember your car. It's one of the ones that stick in my head.

By all means, keep posting up images of it when it occurs to you. Same for the other folks in this thread. I like seeing the cars you're talking about in their current conditions.

Sorry for the delay.
1ZVFT82H455170355 build date is March 25, 2005
Roush Number 0619
Yes it was born a forklift holed car. Mineral Gray.
Originally this car was built without stripes.
Left the factory with the stock leather interior and I think the dealer installed an aftermarket (not the roush) 2 tone interior. This was common with several large dealers at the time.

Leads on replacement forklifts. Not good, your only chance at this point is finding a wrecked car at a junkyard. One did turn up about 2 years ago somewhere in the plains states I recall Nebraska I think. 10 years ago or so Roush quit selling the forklift hole "kit" which were the inserts and a template to cut them in yourself. Roush part #401439 cost ranged from $112.84 - $125.38 you could buy them at may places in the day Summit, troyfordracing, mustangdepot, autopartsway, etc.. They are long gone now I'm afraid. Your other chance is finding a nut case who collects rare Roush stuff that might have a set squirreled away somewhere. I wish I had bought some when I had the chance years ago. I did buy a roush oil filter though, and those are super rare. Keep your eyes open you might find some forklift holes.

Your car has been around (multiple owners), looks like it was pretty low mileage for the first 10 years or so. PM for details if interested.

Sorry for the delay.
1ZVFT82H455170355 build date is March 25, 2005
Roush Number 0619
Yes it was born a forklift holed car. Mineral Gray.
Originally this car was built without stripes.
Left the factory with the stock leather interior and I think the dealer installed an aftermarket (not the roush) 2 tone interior. This was common with several large dealers at the time.

Leads on replacement forklifts. Not good, your only chance at this point is finding a wrecked car at a junkyard. One did turn up about 2 years ago somewhere in the plains states I recall Nebraska I think. 10 years ago or so Roush quit selling the forklift hole "kit" which were the inserts and a template to cut them in yourself. Roush part #401439 cost ranged from $112.84 - $125.38 you could buy them at may places in the day Summit, troyfordracing, mustangdepot, autopartsway, etc.. They are long gone now I'm afraid. Your other chance is finding a nut case who collects rare Roush stuff that might have a set squirreled away somewhere. I wish I had bought some when I had the chance years ago. I did buy a roush oil filter though, and those are super rare. Keep your eyes open you might find some forklift holes.

Your car has been around (multiple owners), looks like it was pretty low mileage for the first 10 years or so. PM for details if interested.
Thank you so much for your dedication, I was trying to take it back as close to original as possible? However the rear end will have to wait. It is bizarre that Roush, who I contacted still manufactures everything but the rear valance and the forkhole kit. I find it hard to believe they didn't license it out for third party reproduction.

Thank you so much for your dedication, I was trying to take it back as close to original as possible? However the rear end will have to wait. It is bizarre that Roush, who I contacted still manufactures everything but the rear valance and the forkhole kit. I find it hard to believe they didn't license it out for third party reproduction.
P.S.
Jack 1.2 how do you PM?

Hello,

I am putting together a 2005 Roush Mustang Registry, so far I have about 500 of the 2500+ cars listed. I originally was trying to find all the "forklift" holed cars. These are on the early 2005 cars, aka the rear bumper inserts. These are 2 black slots in the rear bumper used for aero purposes, roush quit putting them in midyear thru 2005.

Anyway if you have a 2005 roush I'm looking to see if you have them (yes / no)and your vin, roush serial number, and type of interior (cloth, stock leather, or roush leather.)

Post here or PM me for inclusion.

Thanks
Jack
I have a 2005 Roush Stage 1. If you’re still looking for info let me know and I’ll share with you.