2006 4.6 GT Fuel Pump Issue

dewey.elsik

Apr 25, 2019
Georgetown
Guys, thanks for allowing my membership here. I am not new to cars. Grew up in my dads auto shop. My first car was a 67 K code fastback.
My son bought a 2006 GT and it has a few issues. The fuel pump will not run. I have power to the fuel pump relay from the G switch but no coil voltage on the relay. You can jump the relay and the car will start. If it starts that way, I thing the fuel control module is good? I have a multitude of other codes.
P0010
P0135
P0443
P0046
P0135

I had a similar situation with my expedition and it was a fuse causing all the codes. I have a cheap Haynes manual and it does not show the fuel system wiring. It looks to me like the fuel relay is fired from the power control module.
Any help would be appreciated. He has worked 2 years and saved to purchase his first car. Its actually in great shape. If we can just get past this.

Thanks in Advance.

Dewey Elsik
Georgetown, Texas

• Sponsors (?)

Guys, thanks for allowing my membership here. I am not new to cars. Grew up in my dads auto shop. My first car was a 67 K code fastback.
My son bought a 2006 GT and it has a few issues. The fuel pump will not run. I have power to the fuel pump relay from the G switch but no coil voltage on the relay. You can jump the relay and the car will start. If it starts that way, I thing the fuel control module is good? I have a multitude of other codes.
P0010
P0135
P0443
P0046
P0135

I had a similar situation with my expedition and it was a fuse causing all the codes. I have a cheap Haynes manual and it does not show the fuel system wiring. It looks to me like the fuel relay is fired from the power control module.
Any help would be appreciated. He has worked 2 years and saved to purchase his first car. Its actually in great shape. If we can just get past this.

Thanks in Advance.

Dewey Elsik
Georgetown, Texas
No One?

A lot of`Ford's have an inertia switch that when tripped shut off the fuel pump. There is a reset button on it. Not sure where, on my 88 Mustang it was in back of the inside of the hatch area. On my neighbors Ranger it was under the carpet on the passenger side near the firewall. See if you find out if it has one and where? I might have more info a little later too.