• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

2006 Mustang V6 exhaust

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy P.
  • Start date Start date Feb 8, 2019
A

Andy P.

New Member
Jan 23, 2019
20
0
1
Leavenworth, KS
Feb 8, 2019
#1
  • Feb 8, 2019
  • #1
I've done some research and there seems to be a lot of contradicting statements on whether you can install a gt exhaust on a V6 so I'm going to ask the question myself. I have a 2006 mustang v6 and a friend of mine bought a new exhaust system for his 2005 mustang gt. What I want to know is can I create a dual exhaust using with stock h-pipe and over-axle pipes. I know I'll have to cut the bumper and get hangers and an axle back but I need to know if it will work before I'm too far in.
 

Dino Dino Bambino

15 Year Member
Jun 13, 2007
1,672
89
79
Cyprus
Feb 9, 2019
#2
  • Feb 9, 2019
  • #2
The GT exhaust can be used on the V6 but you'll probably need to modify the front pipes to mate them up to the V6 exhaust manifolds, and find a way to mount the second muffler at the rear. It just takes a little time and patience.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3
2006 v6 exhaust conversion
  • 302Rich
  • Jun 10, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
191
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 10, 2025
302Rich
3
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
89
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
314
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
L
Is catback worth it over axle backs?
  • Lorencarson
  • May 15, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
742
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 15, 2025
89ripper
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
887
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 11, 2026
02_2v_Curtis
0
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?