2008 Car Club Drag Racing Schedule

Wow a 5 speed huh? I will be very interested in seeing how she runs.

It is kind of funny, I go from an auto to a stick, and you and John Lemma go from a stick to an auto. I am giving up a bit of consistency for a little more fun. After 20 years fo driving it with an automatic, I am ready for a change!

• Sponsors (?)

It is kind of funny, I go from an auto to a stick, and you and John Lemma go from a stick to an auto. I am giving up a bit of consistency for a little more fun. After 20 years fo driving it with an automatic, I am ready for a change!

Every foxbody I've owned has been a stick, time for a change on my end too. Especially after my poor performance in CCCA last year. Have to enjoy the timing, and irony, of all these changes though. Kent, I bet driving on the highway is much nicer now.

Every foxbody I've owned has been a stick, time for a change on my end too. Especially after my poor performance in CCCA last year. Have to enjoy the timing, and irony, of all these changes though. Kent, I bet driving on the highway is much nicer now.

I hope it is more fun E.J., the weather has been so nasty, that I haven't had a chance to do any more than a trip up and down the street. Currently I am in the middle of changing to Moser axles, new brakes, wheel cylinders etc..

I heard through the grapevine that they (NHRA) were going to start requiring SFI approved jackets for drivers of all cars with non-factory power adders, independent of how fast they are. So for example a 15 sec nitrous injected Honda driver would have to wear a fire jacket.

Can anyone confirm that, or was that just a vicious rumor?

If it is true, is PR and Bremerton going to be abiding by that?

I heard through the grapevine that they (NHRA) were going to start requiring SFI approved jackets for drivers of all cars with non-factory power adders, independent of how fast they are. So for example a 15 sec nitrous injected Honda driver would have to wear a fire jacket.

Can anyone confirm that, or was that just a vicious rumor?

If it is true, is PR and Bremerton going to be abiding by that?

Yes, they are; but such a fire-jacket costs only about $50.

A caveat: I know that the local tracks have required the jacket for cars with any aftermarket superchargers. I cannot say with total conviction that such an edict applies to nitrous too, but it seems logical that it would.

Are you saying a car that came from the factory with a supercharger like a SC T-bird, Term mustang, ect. that has but an upgraded supercharger on it (I would assume the same would go for factory turbo cars that have upgraded the turbos) need to wear jackets too?

Just remember what the jacket is really there for. A single layer jacket (3.2A/1) will protect the wearer for 3 seconds before receiving 2nd degree burns. A multilayer (3.2A/5) will protect for 10 seconds. How much do you like your skin?

I personally won't be going sub-10's, but I like the added protection, so I bought a multilayer. Just some food for tought.

Just remember what the jacket is really there for. A single layer jacket (3.2A/1) will protect the wearer for 3 seconds before receiving 2nd degree burns. A multilayer (3.2A/5) will protect for 10 seconds. How much do you like your skin?

I personally won't be going sub-10's, but I like the added protection, so I bought a multilayer. Just some food for tought.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to say that we shouldn’t be wearing the most safety equipment we can afford. I just want to make sure I have my ducks in order so I don’t get kicked off the track.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to say that we shouldn’t be wearing the most safety equipment we can afford. I just want to make sure I have my ducks in order so I don’t get kicked off the track.

Most common reasons for disqualification are: battery hold downs (absence-of or non rigid type) missing coolant reservoirs, and missing lug nuts. Next would be a lack of helmet, but with buddies at the track:) that one can be circumvented.