2008 Vapor

I went to my local Ford dealer about a month ago because I wanted to look at the '08 color "Dark Candy Apple Red". When I stopped by, they had 2 that color, and a white one. I really did not think the color looked much different from the Redfire from '07. I expected it to be "darker" and have more "metallic". So, I was about ready to put off any decision on buying an '08. Then, my salesman said, that they had just gotten in another new color for '08 called Vapor, and it was back in the wash rack if I wanted to take a look. So, there it was, still wet, and under the lights. It was definitely an appealing color with major metallic in the paint. So, a few hours later, I drove it home. It's a GT Premium coupe with automatic (I had the rebate coupon for $750 that was not able to be used on the manual). So far I have about 1100 miles on it, and other than them replacing the steering wheel because it had a minor scratch on the black plastic on the top of the wheel, it has been perfect. I went on a 3 hour road trip the other day, and averaged 26.8 mpg driving at speed limit of 65. Back and forth to work has settled in at 23.2 with about 65% highway driving. I still wish Ford would make a sunroof optional on these cars. I previously owned a 1998 black gt coupe 5-speed, and a 2000 black gt convertible 5-speed.

It seems to be about halfway between Silver and Tungsten, and it depends on the lighting which one it favors. I was mostly drawn to the high metallic value of the paint in the sun.

That's what I love most about my tungsten, the metallic shine in the sun. I just saw a vapor in person yesterday and the color is great. Nice choice.

I bought a 2007 in June. I thought I got all the rebates. It is an automatic. What is the rebate coupon of $750 for an automatic? I just want to be certain I got all I was entitled to.