2009 GT - Determining what Mods have been done?

• Sponsors (?)

Look and see. If it has a 'tune only' cold air intake, it probably has a tune for it. If it has long tube headers, it probably has a 'tune' for them. If it does 0 to 60 mph faster than 5.1-5.3 seconds, it probably has a 'tune' on it :)
Good ,morning Dave and thanks for the feedback, I know it has headers, cold air intake, gear change and cams. I just don't know what they are, I was wondering if there is a tool I could plug in that would display what was entered by the person that originally did the mods and entered what they were???

I would begin by familiarizing myself with what comes stock on a 2009 GT from the factory.

Parts beneath the hood that are not OEM colors, have names stamped on them other than "Ford" or "Mustang", or are obviously affixed to their positions with hardware that looks different from the rest.

Unfortunately, the OBD port is not going to jump up and say, "I saw the whole thing!". The most it will tell you is whether or not it has been altered itself.

Reactions: 1 user
I purchased my 2009 GT about a year and a half ago, I am the second owner but have no idea what has been done to the engine. What is the best way to determine what has been done via OBD?

It has been tuned for the modifications you have. If it's running good, I wouldn't worry about the tune. The tune isn't going to disappear or anything like that :)

I would begin by familiarizing myself with what comes stock on a 2009 GT from the factory.

Parts beneath the hood that are not OEM colors, have names stamped on them other than "Ford" or "Mustang", or are obviously affixed to their positions with hardware that looks different from the rest.

Unfortunately, the OBD port is not going to jump up and say, "I saw the whole thing!". The most it will tell you is whether or not it has been altered itself.
Thank you, I don't know how tunes actually work so I was hoping I would be able to see something with the right hardware. Have a good one!