2009 V6 front brake problem

silver_stang2009

Mar 23, 2018
Good Day all.

I am new to the site and would like to get some input on the brake issue I am having. Last year I took my car to Ford to have the front brakes serviced (new pads and rotors). A few months later, I had a caliper issue. The right side caliper was freezing up and when I applied the brakes, it made a bad crunching/grinding sound. I took it back to Ford and they replaced both front calipers. It was good for a while and then the problem occurred again. This time they said one of the calipers had dirt and road salt in it and they took it apart aand cleaned it up. Again, it was good for a few days and the problem returned. Ford was stumped, so they put on new rotors and pads. I am having the issue again. The car was good for about a week and I am getting the same noise. I am not one to press on the brakes hard or ride the brakes. I gradually slow down for a stop sign/light, etc. I have over $1500 dollars into these repairs and wanted to know what I should do next. I am taking it back to Ford on Monday to have a tech ride with me to listen to the noise.

Should I go with semi-metallic pads or ceramic ones? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for any input.

• Sponsors (?)