2011 5.0 Procharger

• Sponsors (?)

im running a procharger stage 2 kit at 7.5psi and it is a monster. As far as whether to go with the whipple or procharger it really depends on what your preferences are. With the whipple, or any PD blower, you get instant boost while with the procharger, or any centri blower, boost builds gradually. I feel that a centrifugal supercharger has better street manners than a PD which is why I went the Procharger route.

Just got mine done this week

Just wrapped up my install on a 2012 gtcs 5.0. I went with the stage two set up also and 7.5 psi. first 50 miles have been trouble free and very impressive.I want to give thanks to Bob at Brute Speed and all the tech guys at Procharger. Everyone was very helpfull in all my questions and concerns. The charger is super quiet and the tune seens to be spot on. I will dyno soon and will get the stats up if anyone interested.

abcmatthew: Did you install it yourself or have a shop do it? I know enough about cars to be dangerous so I dont want to mess up my new ride because I wanted to be a cheap butt. I am having trouble finding someone in the St Louis area who can install and seems to be competent. Thanks.

Yep, I researched the job and asked many questions. I had the install instructions emailed to me and read cover to cover many times. Car is not a daily driver so I can committ it to my garage and not worry about how much time it takes. Planned on the job taking a few weeks but got too excited and nailed it out in 3 days. VERY pleased I did it myself, instruction sheet was dead on with only a few tricky spots. Made sure everthing is tight and did not take any short cuts. I will warn anyone taking the job on that the stage two kit will not work on a GTCS, the fog lights will not clear the intercooler. I end up fabing new mounts which stick the lights out further to clear everything. That ,and I was missing one crucial bolt which Procharger next day air to me. Procharger is real nice to deal with and the tuning seems very tight.

No problems to speak of other the tire traction. Car drives and runs just like stock until 3k rpm then all hell breaks loose.I got the helical gear set so the blower is super quiet. All I hear is the rush of intake air and the occasional sound of the blow off valve. I plan on keeping exhaust stock and keep the car as sleeper as possible. It really is a intense rush of power but my wife still feels comfortable driving around town. I will warn that the kit is not for anyone who does not want to cut the inside of the front bumper. I had a good pile of plastic on the floor when it finally fit. My multi tool with cutting blade made the job easy but it still was nerve racking to chop up my brand new car. I would say that was the hardest part of the job and needing another set of hands to get the air tubes in place. Its amazing that Procharger got it all to fit but they really did their homework.Make sure your dealer understands the kit and the choices before placing the order.I would recommend talking on the phone and not just clicking on-line. Bob at Brute speed was real easy to deal with and got the order just right at a fair price. I will try to post some pictures soon and would gladly try to anwser any questions. It has been a really fun project.

Great info! I installed a vortec on a 99 civic Si a few years ago and that was definitely a full weekend project. I look forward to doing this project on my own new mustang in the spring!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thank god for my wife

IMG_0818.jpg

untitled.jpg

I know cars, she knows computers

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 120
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 97