2011 Connecting Rods

sms reports 440 hp with a cai, pullies, and cat-back.

the rods are VERY strong. they are forged like gt500. consider them GT500 little brother. not as strong, but plent. the GT350 is rated for 500hp.

yup. I think everyone collectively jumped the gun and went into instant complain mindset when they read ford saying the rods wouldn't handle boost.

A potential high 11 sec N/A car with nothing more than a few bolt on's and a few suspension upgrades? that's C6 Z06 acceleration.

Also, lethal performance is working with a whipple so I suspect we'll soon see just what type of abuse the rods can handle.

http://lethalperformance.typepad.com/lethal_2011_mustang_gt/

• Sponsors (?)

yup. I think everyone collectively jumped the gun and went into instant complain mindset when they read ford saying the rods wouldn't handle boost.

A potential high 11 sec N/A car with nothing more than a few bolt on's and a few suspension upgrades? that's C6 Z06 acceleration.

Also, lethal performance is working with a whipple so I suspect we'll soon see just what type of abuse the rods can handle.

Lethal Performance 2011 Mustang GT

I don't know about collectively....:D, but I think the key is going to be how the cooling system/passages are going to be able to handle the extra heat once we "blow" on the engine. The pistons are hypereutectic so tuning will be critical on high boost apps.

Once someone burns one of the pistons, we will know what we have for rings.

I think a conservative tune with alky injection will be the way to go for longevity, and some decent HP. 560HP?

The big mathmatical question is how do i get one of these into the garage. :shrug:

The big mathmatical question is how do i get one of these into the garage. :shrug:

Start saving :D

I just paid off my car so I'll be more or less just dumping all my extra $$ plus what I was paying on the volvo into the 5.0 fund.

I'll probably wait till the end of the year when demand isn't as high. with any luck, they'll have some sort of end of the year promotional deals and I'll have a decent chunk of $ to dump on a down payment.

That and we'll most likely have an idea of what the engine's limits are, what type of supporting secondary components need upgrading and a solid modding road map that can get the best results.

Mine will be a DD so I'm not going crazy with it.