2011 Front Fascia Question - Lights.

Ronin38

15 Year Member
Dec 18, 2010
Dayton, OH
If I get the lower front fascia for a 2011 GT (the lower one that resembles a splitter), I know that fog lights can be added with that. If I get the lower fog-lights installed, can the large fog lights in the grill be replaced with "driving lights"? The higher-wattage lights that work like high-beams? (4x4 guys would call them 'pencil-beam' lights!) Does an aftermarket company make a light that would fit in those grill mounts?

Just changing the bulb in the grill-lights would NOT work, because you need a different reflector and lens for long-range lights. ;)

Anyone tried this before? :shrug:

I do a lot of highway driving, and sometimes at night I'm on the road pretty much by myself. Extra lights with the high beams would be nice sometimes. NO- I would not use them around traffic! I don't blind people with my high-beams, either. :)

• Sponsors (?)

I have added the cs valence to my 2011. The light housing snaps into the valance. The lens is built into this assemply. They illuminate right in front of the car. I'm going to use them mostly as day running lights. They look kewl with the parking lights on overcast days.

I do plan to add "driving" light to the upper grill location. I hope to find a light and housing that is the same diameter as my grill. I am willing to fab some tabs for mounting and alignment. I haven't done enough research as I'm in the middle of adding a ram-air hood and paint.

What lights have you found?

I was just asking, as I'm researching the new Mustangs. Haven't bought one yet, but if the numbers work out right, I may just have one by New Years! :D

Not sure if I'll work in the new nose piece during the sale, or if I'll add it on later, but I DO like that one. If it's too much of a hassle for extra lights, I may just install the brake ducts instead. ;)

Do you know if the extra wiring harness is already in there, or do you have to add wiring for the extra lights? I know I'd need an extra switch inside, as there's only 1 for fog lights...

The piece I'm talking about (for those that aren't sure) is the standard one on the California Special. On that one though, they use a different grill, which is why I'm wondering about the wiring. :shrug:

california-special-mustang.jpg

I am going to show the car this summer so I cant have any goofy back yark splice and tape crap in the engine bay. I bought a roush wiring harness with relay. Can't tell it isnt stock. The added switch is located as in the roush cars. perfect!

I am replacing the fog lamps in the grill with driving lights.