2011 - Strange lock / unlock behavior with key fob.

bad_asp

May 18, 2020
Portland
So, my passenger door has been acting up lately.
  • The interior door lock switches lock and unlock the passenger door perfectly every time.
  • My key fob seems to act up with it comes to both locking or unlocking the passenger door.
  • Sometimes it locks the passenger door, sometimes it doesn't
  • Sometimes it unlocks the passenger door, sometimes it doesn't.
  • I can't fully test with my other key fob because the unlock button completely broke on that key fob.

Is it a low battery in the key fob perhaps? Not registering the double clicking fast enough on the fob? My other thought would be a relay but I didn't see any relays related to the keyless entry on a 2011 model. Since the passenger door still locks and unlocks I'm ruling out the door latch assembly.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Okay, so today it also failed using the door switch (both lock and unlock). I'm sure it will work tomorrow.

Long story short, intermittent behavior.

The worst part is the car beeps when locking with the fob even if the passenger door is unlocked as if it thinks the door is actually locked.

I guess I'll be ordering a new passenger side door latch. Yay.

I replaced the batteries in the key fobs with new 2032s. But again, now the interior switches aren't working with passenger door. I'm guessing this might have something to to with moisture levels as it's been alternating between wet and sunny days here lately.

Switches are a bit flaky. Might try cycling them, lock/ unlock a few times, if there is some corrosion on the contacts. Might clean up and start working normal. That happens make plans to replace at some point.