2013 GT Clonking while standing

Backer44

Jul 16, 2019
Germany
Servus

I have a problem with my 2013 GT Manuel Transmission.
- Clonking noise after 5 -10 min.
- last only for 1-2 min
- only at my first drive at the day, after that its not appearing till next day .
- clonking from the transmissiontunnel under the Car. seems little bit more to the right.
- doesn´t matter if i drive or stand still
- doesn´t matte if the clutch is presst or not (in gear or neutral)
- only appears at low speed (under 20 mph) or still stand.
- not affectet by engine rpm

Sound example from my Car at stand:

I have two suspisions:
Pressure plate or Catalytic converte starting to getting lose.

I drive occasionally up to 150-160 mph. My gues is thet the Catalytic converter didnt like that to much?

Does anyone alse have/had a simular problem?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, Sounds like it may just be a heat shield that loosened up or an exhaust leak. What I’d do is get it up in the air on a lift a friend might have, or very securely on stands & try to pinpoint it by eye or ear, if it was your Pressure Plate I’d think you’d feel it much more while in most driving conditions. May spot it right off up in the air & be able to repair it. Runs and drives welll otherwise?
No odd odor or loss of power, Stored CPU codes?
-John

Hey thanks for the reply.

Had it on the the Lift but the noise wasn't shown at that moment. Took a look on everything but nothing seems to be loose. Right catalytic converter sounds different to the other ....more hollow!?
It's disappearing to quick to get under the Car and I had no luck till now to recreate it.

I had a problem a week bevor the noise appeart. At 150mph the Screw that connects the Shifter to the transmission came lose at the moment where I wanted to shift from 5 to 6. The fifth Gear was selected and I couldn't shift in an another Gear. I got towed to my budys Shop an he connected it. Every thing was fine after that.

Car runs great beside the clonk.
No error codes are in the system.
It idels between 500-600 rpm, i find that a little bit unusual.