Engine 2013 V6 460 swap

Elfman117

Aug 30, 2018
Indiana
Hey guys! I am new to the whole mustang scene. just recently got a v6 stang and want to swap it for a 460 big block soon. i know ill need a tubular front k member and a painles swire harness. cutom driveshaft and maybe a new bell housing? im not sure what else i would need to make this work. as far as ive seen id be the first to do it with this model year car so im stepping into new territory. please help!!!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

UPDATE! upon looking more into the swap, i have realize dthat this simply isnt realistic. i understang that the gains i would get with the 460 are not that far off from the gains i would receive from a gt swap. therefor i would now like to knwo what would be needed for a gt swap on my 2013 mustang

I read a write up on what it would cost to put a 5.0 into a 3.7 Mustang. If I remember right it was going to cost over $15,000 dollars :(. It will be cheaper to trade your v6 Mustang for a GT :(. Or add a ProCharger for $5,000 (est.) and have 475 horsepower :)

i just got into a minor accident with it the other day (not my fault) and so there will be an accident reported on it which depreciates the value of it so i figured i would just keep the car and make it a drag car. i could loose all the accessories.