2014 Mustang GT with leaking fuel line

mpeach1976

Feb 14, 2014
I was pulling out of a parking lot couple days ago and scraped the undercarriage pretty good and while I’ve done that before without incident, I didn’t think anything of it until I got home and noticed a gas smell when I was getting out of the car. I started the car again, looked underneath and saw gas dripping off the exhaust under the passenger side. Anyway, has anyone else had to repair or replace a broken fuel line...if so, is it easy or hard?

• Sponsors (?)

The fuel line on the 2014 runs along the drivers side. The fuel hat is under the rear passenger seat on the drivers side, the line connects there and runs in-between the body and the black plastic guard. It runs up into the front drivers wheel well and into the engine bay just under the brake booster/master cylinder. The line between the fuel hat and the engine bay frame rail is one piece. You can remove the entire line by taking the black plastic cover off and unbolting the line. The emissions/fuel line bracket in the wheel well is a PITA to remove, so have fun with that. I believe Ford can order the entire line, not sure how much it costs.

You can also adapt new line with AN style fittings from the major suppliers like Vibrant, Earls, Russell and Holley. I did this on a recent GT500 swap into a 2014 GT as the fuel hat hose outlet on the GT500 tank is larger than the inlet on the GT fuel line. I simply cut the end off the GT fuel line, flared the line with an AN nut and used a AN flex house with a Ford fuel line adapter fitting on the end for the pump. You could do something similar wherever the break in the fuel line is.

Good Luck!