2015 S550 Tire Recommendation needed

Jetzv8

Apr 5, 2020
Florida
I’m the new owner of a 2015 Mustang Gt w/performance package. 47,000 miles & need rear tires soon. I live in Florida( rainy season coming) and looking for the best tire. Weekend driver, drag radials worry me with all our rain. Car currently has Pirelli P Zero Nero all season P275/40R 19 105 H. Traction rating AA, temperature A. They spin quite a lot when on the throttle, looking for a safe better grip tire. Any suggestions? Car does have BMR cradle lock out kit & Steeda Vertical links installed. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It tends to be pretty slow here. I use the Michelins that came with it in the Summer and put on Bridgestone Potenza RE 980AS in the fall-Winter. We have extreme cold that can damage summer tires, but the Potenza is a great all season tire that still likes to corner. They would be great in wet weather.

i ended with Goodyear Eagle GTs on my 08 Bullitt. 18 in, stock Bullitt size. Got a big hole in one at 70k miles, Goodyear dealer had four of the right size in stock. Those have 50 on them and seem to have worked well from SC through FL an a couple years in south MS. Lots of rain and interstates.

Well, when you say the best tire, it's hard to be the best when everybody has a different tire. If you asked me what the best tire is, I'd say like a Hoosier R7, but that's for racing. If you're looking for a 200 treadwear tire, it's hard to beat something like the Yokohama Advan A052, the Bridgestone RE71-R, the BFG Rival S 1.5. These tires aren't drag radials, but will give you tremendous grip, enough to go out and punish people autocrossing or tracking your car. I suspect that your car is a daily driver, and so perhaps trading a little bit of performance out for more longevity, perhaps something like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, which should still handle, and while they're no Sport Cup 2, they're good for 30k miles, and good enough to come with a Shelby GT350.

Reactions: 1 user