2019 Electric Windows phenomenon.

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Cat Country
So I go out front this morning and notice that both my windows are fully retracted. I know for a fact that they were up the night before and I am the only one with a key/ fob to the vehicle.
How can the windows go completely down with the vehicle secure and the power off?

anyone have a similar situation?

• Sponsors (?)

Found out there is a universal Ford fob sequence that can remotely roll the windows down. I have disabled it through the dash.

The S-550 mustangs have the global power windows feature. When you press the unlock button on the fob and hold it for like 5 seconds, it will put the windows down. Also if you hold the lock button, it will roll the windows up. I just wish they would integrate the power top function of the convertibles into the global window feature.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
The S-550 mustangs have the global power windows feature. When you press the unlock button on the fob and hold it for like 5 seconds, it will put the windows down. Also if you hold the lock button, it will roll the windows up. I just wish they would integrate the power top function of the convertibles into the global window feature.
I tried the lock and hold, but windows don’t go up. Is there a possible combination that is used?
Note that your method does work on my Fusion. Only the window down function works on th e Mustang .