2100 carb question - accel pump

Russell T

Jul 6, 2007
Howdy. New to Stangs and this Forum. Just got a 64 1/2 vert and it has the 260V8 with a 2100 carb. Looks like the carb is not original, but an out of a box refurb. Has 1.02 on the side stamp.

Took it apart and the accel pump is strange to me. No 'elastomer' valve connecting to the bowl. It has two humps on the carb body with orifices going to each venturi. There is a small hole above this casting going into the carb bowl. A large screw is on the top that apears to do absolutely nothing. It screws in vertically into the accel pump cavity and just bottoms out(?)

Seems to me when the pump is activated, it would just push gas back into the bowl through the top hole and not throught the passages to the venturis.

All literature and web sites for rebuilding do not show my configuration and 99% show the 'flat' type well with the elastomer valve.

Any ideas on what I have here? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• pump.JPG
    pump.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 122
it seems to me that either it used a captured check ball, or the inlet is placed, or sized, in such a manner as to force most of the fuel to exit where it needs to go, much like the weber carbs do.