Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Did some prep work on the door handles tonight. Need more paint. I’ve been using the Rustoleum Trim and Bumper paint and I like it. I know SEM is the favorite here, but this stuff does a nice job IMO.
Went to Ace and Auto Zone- both out of stock. I’ll have to run to the depot when I get a chance so I can finish this up!
Hopefully red scotchbrite was enough of a scuff on these parts?

Reactions: 1 user
I know they all look like this, but I’m so glad I got rid of the body color on these mirrors and handles! Ties in nicely with the black 5.0 badges I added a while ago.
5 lugs, bigger brakes and some black wheels, and I’ll be done.......... nope, never done!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Picked up a nice matching pair of the inside mirror bezels on eBay. Painted them and they went in with the mirrors when I reinstalled.

Here is what was there:

If anybody needs a good 79-86 (driver side) or an 87 up (passenger) with an extra hole in it, let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
@Rdub6, since your at it, those lock cylinders should be black too! Looks good!

@Rdub6, since your at it, those lock cylinders should be black too! Looks good!

Since you’re in the business, would you recommend the same “trim” paint to be used for the lock cylinders if I do paint them? Or something better? I just don’t want to see it peeling or chipping off in a week!
Scuff them with the red scotchbrite and spray?

Been doing a lot of research on springs lately. I’m going after this 5 lug/brake upgrade/ lowering thing, and I want to do it right!
I know the Eibach pro kit and the H&R sports from MM are two quality kits. But I keep seeing pics of @Mstng93SSP cars with the Eibachs. From the pics I see, the ride height is pretty much the same on all three, and they look perfect! So I can figure that’s what I’d get as well! Unless someone can tell me I’d get the exact same look with the H&R (for $50 less) I think I’ve made up my mind on springs!

These things have been around since Christ was a corporal and in all of that time, I've never heard a disparaging word about them.

Reactions: 1 user
A while back I took the nasty looking map pocket off of the passenger side, and just put the back part of it back on (pretty much a map pocket delete, but it still has the button).
Today I finally got around to doing the drivers side!

Reactions: 1 users