• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

3.27 to 3.73 0-60

  • Thread starter Thread starter maximos
  • Start date Start date Dec 13, 2005
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

Pokageek

Active Member
Jun 10, 2005
2,767
0
46
MA, USA
Dec 15, 2005
#21
  • Dec 15, 2005
  • #21
"We still are missing the most important peice of info about your car - auto or stick??? Why was this not the first question asked? Come on guys, you are slipping!!!!

Regardless, gears will make a big difference in street driving fun and 0 to 60. I totally agree with you on that as a focus. I am not a 1/4 mile racer, so the only thing I care about is how fun the car is to drive (torque!!), and how quickly I can reach the street legal limits of speed (0 to 60). Plus decent handling is fun too."

Slipping!? Depends on the gear.. Just kidding. Yes, I totally agree with you and 5.0 and push the point further in that we need to realize that quarter miling and 0-60 are two completely different animals. You are talking slicks vs street tires and like you said the extra shift with the 4.10. If traction weren't an issue and Maximos is that good of a driver, then considering that, I would go with 3.90's based on what everone else has added. That's my final answer with no lifelines!
 

Jackie Chan

I didn't read this.
Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
2,507
4
48
Orlando, FL
Dec 15, 2005
#22
  • Dec 15, 2005
  • #22
Pokageek said:
Hi Jackie. Ok, I am curious. Your car is a 240horse cobra. How is it you are running those times when stock modular 4.6's Cobras with 65 HP more than your car are running 13.99's? That puts them way behind your car. Of course I am not at all suggesting you are not telling the truth but I am curious. Thanks.
Click to expand...
im not stock for one, 98-98 cobras were rated almost exactly at what there engines put out whereas 94-95 cobras were not. I am probably putting down similar power to a stockish 96-98 4v and i have traction.

i am pretty sure his car is a cobra by looking at his avatar, so that would mean its a 5speed
 

Pokageek

Active Member
Jun 10, 2005
2,767
0
46
MA, USA
Dec 15, 2005
#23
  • Dec 15, 2005
  • #23
Makes sense. Then I'll also make a bet that the 94-95 cobras respond to bolts on a lot better too.
 

Jackie Chan

I didn't read this.
Founding Member
Oct 17, 2002
2,507
4
48
Orlando, FL
Dec 15, 2005
#24
  • Dec 15, 2005
  • #24
no a 4v is pretty damn quick with a set of longtubes, 4.30s, slicks and a tune....mid to low 12 sec car
 

94MustangGT5.0

New Member
Apr 30, 2003
288
0
0
Champaign, Illinois
Dec 15, 2005
#25
  • Dec 15, 2005
  • #25
maximos said:
Any idea how much of a difference 3.73 gears would make in a '95 cobra doing 0-60? It has 3.27's in it right now.
Click to expand...

GRGT1994 said:
We still are missing the most important peice of info about your car - auto or stick??? Why was this not the first question asked? Come on guys, you are slipping!!!!
Click to expand...

Jackie Chan said:
i am pretty sure his car is a cobra by looking at his avatar, so that would mean its a 5speed
Click to expand...

:Zip2: Hmm... look who's slipping now. Some of us can make inferences.
 

Pokageek

Active Member
Jun 10, 2005
2,767
0
46
MA, USA
Dec 15, 2005
#26
  • Dec 15, 2005
  • #26
Jackie Chan said:
no a 4v is pretty damn quick with a set of longtubes, 4.30s, slicks and a tune....mid to low 12 sec car
Click to expand...

Yep I agree. I meant compared to a GT a Cobra responds much better. Sorry, I didn;'t clarify..
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
150
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
S
All power lost at crank
  • saf_blu302
  • Mar 7, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
299
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Mar 12, 2026
General karthief
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
483
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
B
Tire size question 1986 gt hatchback
  • B0udreaux
  • Jan 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
743
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 17, 2026
B0udreaux
B
Fox Brake pedal too stiff
  • keel
  • Sep 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
401
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Saturday at 7:49 PM
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?