3.8 cabrio IMMO no start - what OBD reader?

Hi
This is a 1998 3.8 carbrio automatic - imported to Sweden in 2004.
I have not yet seen the car - just got a question if I could read fault codes. And I do not know how and if I can.
I have TECH2, Snap On Verus for EU and a old Auto Xray (and a lot of others).
So - first:
Is it a OBD1 or OBD2 connector the car has?
Can I read codes by flashing codes?

The problem is, as I understand, Immobiliser related.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Kiddiccarus!
So what readers do read Mustang?
My Autocom doesnt at all.
My SnapOn from 2001 and on.
My SnapOn Solus Edge would read it, but it's a US market version covering everything from 1995 and newer if it has OBD-II. That's probably an expensive way to just read codes from it though.

I have a craftsman reader at the house I use (cant remember the part number). A lot of the Actron readers will work on most American cars my shop here has 3 basic scanners here from them that we do most domestics with.

I have a craftsman reader at the house I use (cant remember the part number). A lot of the Actron readers will work on most American cars my shop here has 3 basic scanners here from them that we do most domestics with.
If his problem is immobilizer related, none of those will read it.

You'll need something with bi-directional communication that can read immobilizer codes to read it. Turning it off is another matter entirely. Autel and other Chinese scan tool makers frequently make scan tools that will read and even program immobilizer functions on Ford, but figuring out which of their advertisements is real or bull:poo: can be a challenging.

You'll need something with bi-directional communication that can read immobilizer codes to read it. Turning it off is another matter entirely. Autel and other Chinese scan tool makers frequently make scan tools that will read and even program immobilizer functions on Ford, but figuring out which of their advertisements is real or bull:poo: can be a challenging.

Autel! Great - I do have a very nice Autel seller just near by. A bit of a car electronic freak himself =) Ill let him find out if it comes to that.
I do have SnapOn - but Mustang starts from 2001. Then there is the generic obd2 reading. But I cannot check if I can read the car before its here.

Thanks!!