302 rocker arm ware

Ewok302

Jun 15, 2019
Texas
Hey guys I needed some help to verify if my theory is correct. So I goofed up and installed both intake gaskets on one head only and ran it for about 30 minutes it idled perfect but once you took the oil cap off It ran like crap and made huge vacuum in the valve covers . So I understand what the problem was intake “leak” but what I’m wondering is could I have sucked the oil from the valve train ? Because after letting it run I begin to have valve train noise turns out the pushrod pushes pretty deep into the rocker causing too much gap I replace the rocker with one I had in the pile and the noise went away but not more then five minutes into running it’s starting to do the same on the opposite head . I have installed new intake gaskets and want to know if you guys think my rocker problem will stay away , like can the excessive valve cover vacuum really cause my issue ?

• Sponsors (?)

Oil pressure is normal on the gauge , yes stock rockers torqued to spec . Ran quiet for 30 minutes then I’m going to pull the other cover off tomorrow and see if I have the same excessive pushrod wear

Reactions: 1 user