331 or 306

hulk_lil87gt

Aug 24, 2009
ok so when i get my tax money bac i was looking to get an new motor. i was thinking about going 331 stroker but not sure do to the fact i have maybe a 1000 to play with now. i was thinking about a forged 306 thinking that it maybe a bit cheaper and i can get it with a blockand already done just slap heads on and go. but i cant find a good site to get any from and info you guys have will b awesome thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

you cant build a stroker for $1k. thats just a fact. The rotating assembly alone costs more than that. Fordstrokers.com is your best bet, but you'll definitly need to save up more cash. there is no benefit to a 306 over a 302 unless you need to have your cylinders cleaned up and honing isnt enough. If your going to fork the cash for a 331 why not just build a 347 for the same cost?

i know it is going to coast more then 1k to build a stroker. i have a few problems with my block from the previous owner motor driveable but unknow for how long. i was just looking for a good start for a bottem end and block for a good start. i really have about 2k to play with ut the car needs a few other things that have to really b taken care of you know. my goal for a nice lil street daily driver is 400rwhp. plus this is my frist project and not trying to take more then i can handle thanks guys.

i know it is going to coast more then 1k to build a stroker. i have a few problems with my block from the previous owner motor driveable but unknow for how long. i was just looking for a good start for a bottem end and block for a good start. i really have about 2k to play with ut the car needs a few other things that have to really b taken care of you know. my goal for a nice lil street daily driver is 400rwhp. plus this is my frist project and not trying to take more then i can handle thanks guys.

check out the fordstrokers website they can come close to your price range for a block and you can't beat there service.