MotorMike92

Feb 11, 2015
Hey I'm new to the site, so sorry if I don't do this right. I have a fee questions . I got a 331 built on a chp block . I has a scat forged rotating assembly . Girdled and a all arp bolts. Probe forged pistons dished for low compression 8 to 1 . The guy I bought it off was running a supercharger 8 psi with a b451 cam and victor jr heads. . I wanted to get the heads and blower as well but he won't sell. Anyways I'm thinking of running the 205 afr heads with 64cc chambers. And a 200 shot of nitrous with a solid roller cam from comp cams I think from the magnum series. Will I get good power out of it or should I stick to the idea of a blower. And a bigger head?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the site.
I know if you get that combo running that you will need to have it lined up straight before you hit it, supercharger or NO2!
You may need to ask this under 5.0 tech to get the answers you need. A stroker is not so much of a swap as a major bolt on upgrade.

You need to post more specific details on your proposed build to get better answers. if it's a stock production block(not a dart,FMS a4,boss,etc) the max recommended hp is around 500. After that they will start cracking. Doesn't matter if you have a good rotating assembly and/or arp studs etc. If those are severely dished Pistons and creating a compression ratio below 9:1 your best avenue to pursue is forced induction. Don't run a solid roller/nitrous combo. Find out what Pistons they are. You could run a 56cc head and even have them milled slightly to raise the compression. 8:1 is to low and not even the best idea for a blower. Low cr makes for a lazy motor. Still can make power but not advisable for a street/strip-street set up.

So far I looked up the piston reference chart and with 58 chamber it'll be at 9-3-1 I think thats good enough for nitrous right?. I'm opting for the 205 afr and I'm undecided for the cam. I'll be placing a holley systemax intake manifold.

Yes you can run nitrous with that. A stock 302 has 9:1 for comparison. I've ran as much as a 175 shot on a stock motor. Presently I'm going with the TFS 11r head,a custom hyd roller cam,ported systemax and eventually plan on a NX plate system with 150-175 jets. You might want to look at the 205 11r TFS comp ported heads with a 56cc chamber. They provide extra ptv clearance so you can run a more aggressive cam profile. Like these
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 user