347 dyno numbers are in! (finally)

• Sponsors (?)

Get some smaller CC heads, and bump up that compression!!!! DOOOOEEEETTTTTTT

Well, next time my heads come off they're getting milled down to about 58cc (down from 60cc) as long as i have the valve clearance to allow it. For now i'm just happy with it...i might even get away with running 89 octane with such a low CR.

Oh i'm already thinking about 4.10s, since a little research found out that i can get them all day out of Explorers with the right options at the local junkyard. It's around 2200-2300rpm on the highway at 70mph..i could deal with a few hundred rpm more i think. Mileage up until the tune sucked ass big time but it was extremely rich and i haven't drive it enough after the tune to tell how much it improved. The next mods on my list are adjustable shocks and struts, an airbag in the right rear coil, uppers and lowers and then looking into a built 8.8.

I did a built 8.8 for cheap. Got a 31 spline carrier for $40, a new clutch repack kit, unused axles for $200 (tough for me with the 5lug, fox length and 31 spline), $20 for the housing, and now time to find a girdle and possibly gears.

I think if you go the used gears, housing, carrier and axles route, you could put something together for a few hundred. Add some paint to it and your all set!

Do you know anything about getting an '05+ rear end into a fox? I heard they're 31 spline. Could the diff be swapped over to my housing with some aftermarket 31 spline axles? Right now the rear end is my biggest fear as far as really ripping into it...that and i don't wanna blow my trany and have to get it rebuilt. You know how it is after you've blown a ton of money on something, you just want it to be "ok" for as long as possible before you have to go wrenching on it again. Hell i had the engine out TWICE for this build.